No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as GS vs GSD I prefer GS over it just because like I really loved the one sided, lonely, desperate defence of the Archangel by Kira which GSD is missing but i understand why as they can?t repeat the same story twice.

Anyway don?t worry GSD gets better and better as it goes on with the introduction of new and past characters and Shinn becomes less of a focus as a main character and is forced to share it with Kira and Athrun. Im with you on the whole Shinn dislike, he?s to self-centre and pity?s himself way to much for me to like him but then we don?t need another Kira(his opposite) or Athrun(medium of the 2), anyway his rash and sometimes stupid actions serve story well(at the moment I really hate him for his recent actions).

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
      As far as GS vs GSD I prefer GS over it just because like I really loved the one sided, lonely, desperate defence of the Archangel by Kira which GSD is missing but i understand why as they can?t repeat the same story twice.
      To me GSD already feels like the same story twice, albeit with one or two alterations. Now I've not seen any other Gundam series' before, so some of the things may be a a staple of the rest of the shows as well.

For example the opening to GSD, the first couple of episodes is just Gundam Seed all over again, except it's a differnt side doing the stealing of the mobile suits. Even down to a member of the defenders being able to "sense" the masked dude. Bear in mind I've only watched up to episode 30 of it so far, but from what I've seen of the two I definitely prefer Gundam Seed. At 30 eps in, in GS I was hooked, couldn't stop watching them. I've just kind of dropped of GSD for a bit. That said I'll still finish it off, if only for the action sequences, to see what the rest of the Gundams are like(my personal favourite being the Freedom so far) and to find out what's up with Durandal.

Also Is it just me or is there really any point in Neo wearing that mask? I mean after coming straight from SEED to Destiny, I recognized the voice straight away. I didn't think it could be anymore blatant. I'll look stupid now if I've guessed wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
        Also Is it just me or is there really any point in Neo wearing that mask? I mean after coming straight from SEED to Destiny, I recognized the voice straight away. I didn't think it could be anymore blatant. I'll look stupid now if I've guessed wrong
        i wouldn't know, i watched gundam seed entirely in english >_<
        the last couple of episodes of gundam seed were preety fantastic, i wont say anything about it because i dont want to spoil it. i loved seed to pieces. it was so emotional and had very human characters. which is preety much why i think gundam is one of the top mech series available, showing off the true nature of war and the conflict in the human soul of a regular soldier (well not so regular in seed's case ). gundam 08th ms team is another fine example of this.

Comment

Caught with fair few episode i haven't watched this week.

Honey&Cover 16/17 - I think this is my fav shows, up there with azumanga, fruits basket, Genshiken and the like. It's just so good how they blend the comedy spots with the drama to have smiling or feeling sad for the main characters from scene to scene. And the cliff hanger for ep17, you just knew that when they annouced those awards on US-tv he had to be him and they bloody well went and cut it just before they showed you.... arrggghhh!!!

Mahoraba Heartful Days 23-26end, Enjoyable but the ending was a bit duff, the show really went nowhere with the main couple at all from ep1 right to the end. At least the secondary cast brought the entertainment.

Negima 22, i still can't understand why a fluff show like this makes me keep coming back for more, there way to manycharacters, animation not great, but the story and main characters are mostly done right to make care want happens to them and i want know what this hidden past of the Ginger kid with the funny eyes is as well as her well-being.

School Rumble 23-26, download the Mr.A subs as i couldn't stop myself wanting more SR and at least its better than Shrimps hackeyed job. To many swerve endings in the last 2 episode kinder spoiled it a bit, and im certainly a fan of the Harmo/Eri/Yakumo relationship, best thing inthe show apart from Karen

Comment

I'm loving Honey & Clover too; the Mayama and Rika sub-plot is fantastic. My friend and I still can't figure where this series will end up, or if it will end up anywhere at all being a simple "slice of life" type of show. Not too keen on the new opening sequence though, the original one was pure genius despite being an inspired rip-off of somebody else's piece of art!

Mahoraba was an interesting one to watch. When we're first introduced to Kozue and her multiple personalities, I figured this would be the gimmick of the series and would be used constantly, but this wasn't the case at all and we're only shown the backstory to this right at the end. As you said, the supporting characters really helped to carry this show, especially Sayoko and her past.

Is anybody reading the manga for Negima? Being shrink wrapped suggests that the content is quite risqu? (like Battle Royale and Berserk manga) whereas the series does seem toned down to an extent.

I loved the next episode preview for no. 26, such a shame we'll not get to see...

Comment

I downloaded a ch1-10 a bit go and i still haven't it until now, seems the same just with more fan service, found a nice html site with ch 1-104 on it which i'm currently downloading from.

Comment

Read a bit more Negima(up to where you find out about the president/asuna?s past together), its little more risqu? than show but no nipple shots or anything like that.. so far. Quick look at a later chapter shows there must have been a time jump somewhere as there?s teenage Negi now(though I didn?t read anything so I?m not sure if there?s just another magic foul up).

DaCapo2 ep6 ? now I never, ever expected

that to happen so soon, Nemu out of the blue, totally pissing of him off(understandable why) and crushing red haired(name) girl heart totally. Not sure who to route for now, last season I was Nemu all the way but now hmmm? Redhead for the win for me.

Comment

kotori

Comment

Originally posted by newmiyamoto
                    kotori
                    thanks

Comment

I have a confession... I've never seen season 1 :O

Comment

I'm watching them simultaneously at the moment. Currently got through ep 14 of season one and I've just downloaded ep 6 of season 2.

Comment

Lol, go watch it, it?s lot more crazy than S2 and you also get this mad extras on each episode from the 6 music(for each girl) and then it moves of short stories with great music companying them (kotori?s one is ace).

It gets a little serious towards the end when incest and unconscious thoughts of manslaughter of love rivals, and the magic vanishing resulting in the passing of certain people, absent in the 2nd season.

Comment

O_O

/me runs off to dled it

Comment

Read some more Negima, as it goes on there?s are a lot more differences between the anime and the manga, most of the anime?s stories all happen on the school trip(like Letter stealing, Nodoka confession, Date hunt, News reporter) and there seems to be extra story element of playing cards showing how strong a Partner Contact is(stronger the contract the more realistic drawing and bigger the weapon the girl holds), which I can?t remember happening in the anime. There?s also crap load more nudity almost every other page on the school trip, but its all Barbie style no detail drawn.

Comment

have any of you managed to catch samurai 7

i thought it was very good

got myself trigun as well - but i'm not quite sure about that yet

Comment

Working...
                                X