No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* Gungrave ep 26, great ending, had a lump in the back of my throat for that, i was expecting a big shoot out with harry going all nerco on us, i was quite surprised to see it go in different direction and it made for the better ending.

* Ai****eru ze Baby eps 1-4, this came out of no-where for me, I'm hooked. Terrible animation and cringe making ad break, but the characters and story are top notch and give of that sickening Pitaten cute vibe with bit of comedy and is way more watchable than Bottle Fairys, go watch it now.

* Grantz ep 2, OMG that was freaking brutal the fight and having so many people wiped out already.

Comment

Just watched Le Portrait de Petit Cossette 1 - very strange stuff, a mixture of gothic symbolism and trippy dream sequences. I like the style, although it was a little overdone. Cossette herself is uber-scary though!

Paranoia Agent is still the king of weird
      Originally posted by spoiler
      In episode seven the "real" shonen bat kills for the first time. However I think that the younger detective "summoned" him to do this, rather than the caged copy-cat boy.
      The whole thing is so twisted can't wait for more.

Comment

Finally got round to watching Naruto 1-10 the other day. The first episode is great. The rest are... less so. I watch the shoddy children's stuff on TV when it is on (like Digimon). I can smell filler a mile off. Taking three episodes for one fight is pushing it. Especially when, just as Naruto gets riled, they cut it off, and nothing interesting really happens. I know more interesting stuff is to come, but I'm really not that impressed.

Naruto really doesn't have a clue. The stereotypes really get me down (the three dwarf ninjas dumbass, moody and shouty, with their leader smartass). I want ass-kicking. If I can't have that, then I want decent plot (such as when Inari's attitude is explained).

Still, small kid falling onto face numerous times is comedy gold in my book. And with Bittorrent finally working well (a firewall issue) I can at least get it quicker. This also means I have very little hard drive space yet. Time to get out the old credit card...

Comment

Stick with it
          episodes 16-20 will make you cry at some point.

Comment

What Fristy said

Comment

Similar to you, I'm watching through Naruto as well. The first 10 or so episodes are extremely average, but stick with it; it gets excellent soon after, especially the 15 - 20 episode range, with some excellent ass-kicking.

Comment

This amazes me about anime. How can you make a series, expecting it to be long-running, when the first 10 episodes are poor. In any other country it would have been canned. I imagine it would have a lot of money behind it, but still...

Comment

I think Naruto was an extremely popular manga before the anime was ever started, so there'd be a lot of people in Japan watching it regardless of the quality of the first 10 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                    This amazes me about anime. How can you make a series, expecting it to be long-running, when the first 10 episodes are poor. In any other country it would have been canned. I imagine it would have a lot of money behind it, but still...

the following is not directed at you moodmon.

Apart from watching a lot of anime, i also watch a lot of american tv-rips and the amount of shows cancelled by executives with similar small minded views enrages me no-end, i'm glad that british and japanese television producers have more sense (most of the time). in japan it is taken too such extremes that a production house will keep outputting a particular series until they go bust if neccessary.

i'm surprised you haven't enjoyed the first 10 eps as i always enjoy the interactions leading to a major arc (which is about to happen for you), these ten episodes were enough to tide naruto over until the major half of the first story arc, also as this was all before naruto was given a prime time slot they could afford to try and match the manga's rhythm for that portion of the story.

anyway, it seems i'm blathering.

enjoy Tenjo Tenge 05 tonight, and maybe even Koi Kaze 05.

later.

Comment

A week ago I downloaded 80 episodes of Naruto, and watched them all over 3 days. I probably would of watched them all in one day if I had them all downloaded. But now I am extremely gutted that I will only be able to watch a new episode a week. I am even considering buying the comic/books of Naruto as I really am hooked and need to know whats going to happen next ...which is apparent through my mad Naruto marathon.

Great Characters
                      Great Voice work
                      Funny moments
                      Emotive
                      Great fights
                      Brilliant music even the intro music and end credits are strangely catchy

Unlike some, I really thought the first 1-10 episodes were class
                      "thousand years of pain!!!"
                      anway...but the episodes get even better and better.

There are so many great moments in this Anime, but one of my favourite standout moments was (dont read if you havnt seen episodes 1-80 tbh)
                      Rock Lee vs. Gaara fantastic fight...And Rock Lee's ankle weights !! BOOOOOOM etc
                      I could seriously list so many of my favourite moments, but I wont A recommended series to watch to all those who have not seen it yet.

So while I am coming down from my Naruto high, ive decided to checkout Full Metal Alchemist and GunGrave...and also see someone over my excessive smiley abuse used on this page.

Roll on Episode 82 <---last smiley I promise <--bastard!

Comment

Finally finished watching Initial D First Stage and was left by it. Superb. In a word.

Already making a start on the Second Stage.

Comment

* Paranoia Agent continues is totally bizarre ways with ep 08 to strangest place yet, with scary yet heart warming story
                          of 3 people with a suicide pact from meeting on the internet, yet when they meet up in real life they find on the members
                          is a little girl so this embarks on the 2 older succeeds trying to kill themselves while saving the young girl form doing what they're doing

Brilliant stuff.

* Kenran Butih Sai (Mars Day break) , finally got interesting with the main guy/girl meeting up for the 1st time inthe series, and very
                          little mucking around like in other anime romances

*FMA stills going along nicely, still i would like to see some more fights now and then, hopefully ep31 will provide that

Comment

I'm currently watching (and enjoying) the following:

- Hunter x Hunter
                            - Naruto
                            - Last Exile
                            - Tenjo Tenge
                            - Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
                            - some others...

Does anyone know in what frequency Hunter x Hunter OVA 3 (Final) are broadcasted? It's been a while since Ep. 6 and can't wait for it to continue.... ft:

Comment

Bobobo-bo-bobo 4 is out!!111

[Itsuki]KUUUuuuuUUUu!!!!11[/itsuki]

Comment

He's a tank!!

Comment

Working...
                                X