Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a seller, I hate it if people don't use Paypal.

Comment

Agree with that brats, as much as a pain in the arse the fees are with PP its so quick and easy. Safe too providing you cover yourself by sending stuff out recorded/special delivery.

Comment

The percentage is just too high. I sold a laptop on eBay and had the buyer used Paypal, I'd have been whacked with an extra 30 quid on top of the existing two prong selling fee.

Comment

Originally posted by nips
          If people will pay it then why take on the extra cost? If you need to make a sale attractive then I suppose that's the way to do it
          But we all try to make our sales attractive. If we could get away with selling stuff for more than they're worth then we would, but nothing works like that. If I'm selling stuff on a forum, then I'm effectively competing with everyone else. I want people to buy my stuff before yours, so why worry about a silly 4% charge if it means I might lose a sale.

Personally I don't want sales hanging around, nor do I want a dutch auction. I always sell items at slightly below the market rate and include free postage and no fees. My items always sell right away and for the asking price, as opposed to gathering dust, dealing with jokers with silly offers and later having to reduce my prices later.

Comment

Yeah, I do BIN, Cheaper than anyone else, and I keep my auctions to the point, no frilly full on games review or endless seems of text, just normally 1 line of text descibing the condition, format and region. As far as I'm concerned if people want to know about a game then they can just google it.

Comment

Read this guys answers at the foot of the page.

Click

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
                Read this guys answers at the foot of the page.

Click
                every auction I do I get pointless emails from bidders who don't like to read (or can't!) - this poor guy must have got every daft question in the book!!

Comment

I'm thinking of listing my Japanese Zelda 3 along with the following picture

What do you guys reckon?

Comment

Do It!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8280564413

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                        As a seller, I hate it if people don't use Paypal.

As a buyer i hate it when people dont use paypal either.

when i see a item i want and realise they do not use paypal

One thing i was speaking to a work mate and he was bidding on a part for a motorbike item (not sure what) and he was out bid by someone.So the following week he had a look again and found the same item by the same seller.He was out bid again but the thing is it was by the same person who beat him originally also he mentioned it was the type of item you only buy one of.

Does anyone think thats suspicous?
                        Last edited by eastyy; 27-04-2006, 11:03.

Comment

R@re

Hehe - that's class!

Comment

lol, super duper rare, gotta use that nexttime I sell something.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
                              EXCELLENT!!

Comment

Im really starting to get annoyed with some people on ebay, Im trying to start a ps1 rpg collection and all the auctions for stuff like star ocean and suikoden are dominated by traders who will bid them up on every single auction to a minimum price, then win them, and stick em up +?10 the next week..its really annoying me

Comment

Working...
                                X