Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man, it seems to have worked now. Even though that makes NO sense whatsoever, since I already restarted my computer, and also opened another firefox window. Ebay, Firefox, the internet, and everything else can go jump up its own ass and die. But not you, Punio, you're cracking.

Comment

thanking you!

Comment

All these DS games on ebay that are "new (not sealed)".... that means they are 2nd hand yeah? e.g.

Or am I missing something.

Comment

It looks legit to me. I don't think they fake PAL games.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            All these DS games on ebay that are "new (not sealed)".... that means they are 2nd hand yeah? e.g.

Or am I missing something.
            I always consider it 2nd hand as long as its opened!

Comment

What the hell?! People can have PRIVATE feedback on eBay? I only learned this today.

Someone is bidding on my items, and he has 100% positive, so I don't mind. But I find it kind of creepy that all the comments from his 100% feedback are hidden.

Comment

I think that's for stuff where the packaging is lost. Think Game putting discs behind the counter - if the box is nicked, the game's still technically 'new' (by their standards, at least) as no one's bought it yet. If they stuck it on eBay, they could choose that option.

Or for an item that might have dropped and the box is damaged but the item inside is intact and still new.

I quite like these new categories. They've got a non-working one, too!

As for private feedback, no idea why someone would want that. Does it only show the number of feedbacks they got? I imagine it'd be a useful tool for shill bidders...
                Last edited by randombs; 17-09-2010, 14:23.

Comment

How do I kick a bidder off my auction?

I chose sell worldwide, and normally I remove Italy from the options, but I forgot this time. Even with insurance the Italian postal system is majorly ****ed up and, it would seem, run by the mafia, with the majority of parcels going missing.

I want this guy booted off before I end up embroiled in a long complicated insurance rebate.

How do I do it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Sketcz;1753326]How do I kick a bidder off my auction?

I chose sell worldwide, and normally I remove Italy from the options, but I forgot this time. Even with insurance the Italian postal system is majorly ****ed up and, it would seem, run by the mafia, with the majority of parcels going missing.

QUOTE]

really?

i just posted a game pad to Italy today - never had any trouble before and i have sent a few items (international signed for delivery)

Comment

I'm going by this:
                      GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Google searching brings up quite a lot of other disgruntled eBayers who have lost items when posting to Italy. For me, the risk is not worth the extra couple of quid a foreign bidder might add.

I found out how in the end, and booted a whole bunch off - there were 3 different Italian bidders all over my auctions. I've seen lots of auctions which expressly state "NO ITALIAN BIDDERS" so I can only assume they jump on anything which doesn't restrict them.

I feel sorry for them, since it's not a nice thing to do, but the onus is on them to sort their postal system out.

Comment

I usually ship to Italy though at times I do get a bit hesitant when I get Italian bidders. I'm quite lucky not to have parcels gone missing so far.

Comment

Quick bit of advice please guys. Bought a DS game for a tenner that was listed as sealed, but when it arrived it wasn't, but 'looks' like a new game, but there's no way of knowing 100%. Seller has offered a refund of a quid & said it was a mistake but confirmed it was new. Would anyone bother taking it further or just let it go?

Comment

I wouldn't bother personally but distance selling regulations do give you the right to return goods if they're in the same condition you received them for any reason within a week.

Comment

I thought distance selling regulations don't take into account the return postage costs?

If so, you'll probably lose a quid sending it back anyway.

Of course, if it has to be sealed (for a collection, gift, or because, frankly, you bought it sealed and it's a matter of principle), then by all means take it further.

I wouldn't bother, myself, assuming it does look new enough. Games bought from retail shops like Game are often unsealed nowadays anyway.

Comment

Been thinking about it all day & I don't think it's worth the effort. Not worth getting my knickers in a twist!

Comment

Working...
                                X