Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From experience when I was on the other side of this sort of situation (some ******* European buyer blew an item by not using step down convertor then told ebay it didnt work) I didn't have to refund their return postage.

I think you can revise feedback - you certainly can change a negative into a positive anyway. Find out then tell the seller you'll revise the feedback to a neg unless they give the ?3 back. Worth a try Shirely?

Comment

Had a look, no dice. Seems you can't revise positive.

Ahh well, at least this lesson only cost me ?3 to learn and not more. Should never have trusted him.

Comment

Thats annoying! Sounds like the guy knew the system, and with his feedback % at 97.1% another negative would have been bad news for him.

To be fair though I've been ripped off by more buyers than sellers on the internet in general...

Comment

When I sell on eBay my terms are:

I ship when your money is in my bank account, not PayPal.

You get positive feedback after you give me positive.

Ok, that might put some buyers off I know but I'd rather that than get skanked by someone.

Comment

Jesus - I do the latter but do people buy off you with the former?

Comment

I never give feedback anymore, not unless specifically asked for it - if a seller can't leave bad feedback for bad buyers who screw you around, then what is the point of the feedback system?

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                Jesus - I do the latter but do people buy off you with the former?
                Like I said. I'm sure some people don't buy from me because of it. I've sold stuff in the past though only to be told by PayPal that I cannot get at the money until the buyer has given positive feedback or 30 days have passed without them complaining. I'm not having that. I'd rather the item didn't sell to be honest. Sadly it does make me come across as a bit of an arse but it's not like I'm gonna go out for a beer with them later!

Comment

Oh joy, sent of an item, when I got back discovered a message telling me not to post it to the paypal address because "its their girlfriend's".

Guessing I've been scammed and that her paypal account was hacked then.

Comment

Did they give an alternate address? It might not be a scam, my PayPal address and home address are different because eBay/PayPal forces me to have it that way - though it they didn't email you from the start with an alternate address, then that's might sloppy of them. I was in a similar situation a while back, but all the sellers happily posted to an alternate address. Technically it should arrive with the eBay message confirming payment.

Did you put a return address on? Keep us posted on events!

Comment

As long as you sent it to the address on paypal then your in the right. Keep all correspondence, and as long as you have sent it by a trackable method then you should be fine.

Comment

Yeah, I think you'll be fine, too.

I bought a concert ticket and asked for it to be sent to my aunt's house because I would've been away when it arrived and would've missed the concert. I know it's different when the boot's on the other foot, what with scammers and that, but I'm glad the seller agreed.

Comment

Sent it using the address on Paypal. Think that covers me on Ebay but who knows, they're always ready to screw over sellers at the drop of a hat.

Comment

Anyone fancy a picture of a monkey? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Picture-mo...e#ht_936wt_922

Not my auction, obviously.

Comment

Until I realised that money goes to charity for that one, I was going to point out - underground dealers of questionable items place utter nonsense which no one would bid on (eg: recalibrated pivot aspersion block) on eBay, in cases where multiple private collectors want an official auction setting. Has happened a few times with prototype games hardware and betas.

In this case, I really think it's just a picture of a monkey on paper his dad stole.

Comment

Ebay really pisses me off, got neg feedback from someone claiming a game I sold them was scratched. when it left my house it was in mint condition, so all I can think is its fallen off the spindle and rattled around the box, what annoys me even more was it sold for all of two quid so it wasent even worth bothering with yet some tosser leaves neg feedback.

They really are some cheap gits on ebay, if he had contacted me he could of had his two quid back what a tool. the game normally sell for about a tenner too so not only did he get a bargins but he negs me.

Comment

Working...
                                X