Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not eBay-related, but I saw an ad for QuiBids and decided to Google and see what the catch is. Found a post by someone claiming to have been fleeced, and one of the comments read:

"I think it's time for qui bids to pack up their scams and go back to Patastan or Nigera or where ever cheater are bread these Low live crooks deserve to live where garbage dwells cause that's their home."

Keep an eye out for emails from the Patastan Protestant Patisserie Party leader wanting to send you some money...

Comment

Quick PayPal question - I cancelled an unclaimed payment which was made by my credit card. How long does it take for the money to return to the card balance?

Comment

Why would a seller not post to the Isle of Wight? I just saw an auction where he had specifically excluded it. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Why would a seller not post to the Isle of Wight? I just saw an auction where he had specifically excluded it. Weird.
          Costs more to courier an item to isle of wight & highalnds I think?

Comment

Some help please. An item I posted to Europe worth ?160 has gone missing en route. Foolishly I sent it via regular airmail postage. What's th maximum compensation I can claim from royal mail? Cheers.

Comment

It was Royal Mail and not Parcelforce? If so, I think it's 40 quid or thereabouts.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                Some help please. An item I posted to Europe worth ?160 has gone missing en route. Foolishly I sent it via regular airmail postage. What's th maximum compensation I can claim from royal mail? Cheers.
                Did you get proof of posting or a receipt?

Yes. Airmail is covered up to a value of 100 First Class stamps in compensation if the letter is lost or damaged and it's our fault. You cannot claim for items of value, unless they are sent by Airsure? or International Signed For™
                Last edited by mezzanine; 14-01-2012, 22:42.

Comment

I have proof of postage in the form of a receipt from he post office.

Comment

Good luck with that Dan. I had the same issue last year and RM only refunded me the cost of postage.

Anyway, my current issue.

I sold a Pokemon GB Color on the 28th of last month. The buyer only paid for 2nd class postage and claims it hasn't arrived and wants tracking info, which he obviously can't have or he will file a claim.

Now, I have the proof of postage and had an 'online chat' with the ebay support bollocks team. The said I should be fine as I have proof of postage. Am I likely to win if he does file a claim?

I woul;dn't have minded as much if it was something for a couple of quid, but it came to over ?40 with postage on top.

What seems really iffy though, is that he bought exactly the same item on the same day from another seller.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I wake up this morning to find out he's filed a claim thrrough PP.

Now it seems from reading on PP, that as the item can't be tracked, I'm not covered. So am I screwed here?

Scammers like this prick(gamez-gear) just seem intent on ruining it for everyone else.

I also found out that he has done exactly the same thing to the seller of the other GB he bought.

I HATE EBAY!

Comment

You're screwed I'm afraid.

eBay has absolutely no seller protection. Even if you can prove it they'll side with the buyer - they usually do anyway.

Comment

Only thing you can do and you can is shut off the direct debit at the bank and wait for eBay/paypal to try to claim it from you if it ain't frozen (it is not a pretty process) and certainly not for only ?40 golden eBay rule recorded delivery minimum, keep tracking slip for 6 months minimum - How are you not sending recorded Anyways when your p+p is ?2.50 a game?? just asking
                          Last edited by ETC; 19-03-2012, 12:46.

Comment

Recorded is a minimum for me on eBay via forums I will cater for others because some work and recorded adds a little more challenge when it needs to be collected

I've had to resort to receiving everything recorded because my mail is disappearing, a couple of empty jiffy bags were found about a mile from my house by a neighbour walking his dog and the jiffy bags were stuffed with other peoples opened mail including stuff from the inland revenue

Now after taking that to the police they state that it's definitely a postman being light fingered and when I take it to the post office fraud department the guy immediately decides the mail is being delivered but is being stolen straight after its been delivered and that means its a Hampshire polices problem

Even after I pointed out that one of the other letters for someone else was over a mile away from me and on the same route as the postman he brought up an old scenario where a guy was caught just walking around portsmouth trying on security doors or reaching through mailboxes tryin to steal mail

I just thought wtf

Now my second tekken prime, Streetfighter x tekken are overdue and it looks like I'm going to have to get things sent with insurance and tracking or buy from the high street

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              Only thing you can do and you can is shut off the direct debit at the bank and wait for eBay/paypal to try to claim it from you if it ain't frozen (it is not a pretty process) and certainly not for only ?40 golden eBay rule recorded delivery minimum, keep tracking slip for 6 months minimum - How are you not sending recorded Anyways when your p+p is ?2.50 a game?? just asking
                              Postage is around ?1.40, jiffy bags are 70-90p.

I'm screwed anyway, the money was taken out of my PP funds.

Hope the scammer rots, if only due to the circumstances. The Gameboy belonged to my brother and his girlfriend gave it to me to sell after he passed away so I can put some money into a trust fund for his 2 year old son.

Comment

Go to the pound shop for cheap-o jiffy bags.

Comment

Working...
                                X