This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Anyone fancy a picture of a monkey? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Picture-mo...e#ht_936wt_922

Not my auction, obviously.
    "If you want to ask questions, well that's up to you. I won't reply to stupid questions though."

Q: For the purposes of this offer, are you willing to consider Donkey Kong to be a monkey? What about sub-tropical arboreal apes like orangutans?
    A: I said I wouldn't answer any stupid questions, but I'll make an exception in this instance. I don't do apes. Donkey Kong is an ape. Does he have a tail? No. No he doesn't. He's an ape.

Q: I would really only want a picture of a monkey if it had a top hat and a monocle. These are not hard to draw. Would this be possible please?
    A: No.

Q: i thought i had asked this but maybe it was filtered. will the shaven monkey be smooth or will there be a landing strip
    A: Don't know yet.

Comment

After that monkey picture auction, I decided to auction some genuine art:

Bid on it and I will use my genuine art skills to create something totally amazing. Well, something I like, your mileage may vary.

Mainly I'm regarding this as an experiment, since the guy who put that ****ty monkey picture up ended up getting ?33, with 50% charity it's like ?15 in his pocket.
      Last edited by Sketcz; 07-08-2011, 18:37.

Comment

Need some help on a cpu I recently sold. Some guy bought it on his mums account and started asking basic overclocking questions. Now he's saying it doesn't work which is bs as I used that cpu until the day I posted it and packaged it extremely well to make sure it didn't get damaged in the post. He bought it 7 days ago, I was wandering why he hadn't left feedback yet >_>

What's the best way to proceed from here? Tell him to send it back to me on his own cost so I can test it? If it's fried it might have burn marks but what if it doesn't? Part of the reason I sold it was to scratch some cash together so I don't want to lose out because of some scammer or someone that doesn't know what they're doing :/

-edit-
        All worked out, buyer didn't hook everything back up correctly and started jumping to conclusions when it wouldn't work. All sorted now though which is all I care about really.
        Last edited by Cepp; 14-08-2011, 14:12.

Comment

Just sold a camera on Ebay and got this along with a request for total

HI, I WILL LIKE YOU TO REPLY ME ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THIS ITEM ONCE AGAIN AND SEND ME THE PICTURES OF THE ITEM IF YOU HAVE IT TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS [removed by me] FOR FAST PAYMENT. URGENT REPLY ASAP REGARDS.
          Seems the bidder has zero feedback and registered today to an address in London (Ebay won't let me stop people with 0 feedback from buying items)

Alarm bells going off for anyone else reading that?

Comment

I would just cancel it. It reeks of dodge.

Comment

My Spatial-sense comes through once again. Just got notification from Ebay that their account has been banned as it's `suspicious` (lol, really!)

Comment

I'll never understnd ebay. Had some items on there 'buy it now' and not a sniff of a sale, relist them as auctions and they sell for more than the BIN's were! I think people just get auction fever..........

Comment

Bit of a bizarre one this - sold an old wireless router on eBay about a month ago (for bugger all really, dunno why I bothered). Guy paid for it, I posted it out, week later he left positive feedback, thought nothing more of it.

Fast forward to today, and I've just received the unopened parcel back from the mailman, reason being there was nobody in at the time to accept the parcel and they've not bothered to collect it from their post office. Seems a bit bizarre, and there's no way I'm posting it back out to him. Reluctant to refund him aswell, as I've not heard back from him at all, plus postage was ?3.70 and I only received ?4 from him in total for the item. Reckon I should just leave it?

Comment

Maybe he changed his mind and just figured it was only ?4 so not worth bothering over? I wouldn't worry about refunding him or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                      Bit of a bizarre one this - sold an old wireless router on eBay about a month ago (for bugger all really, dunno why I bothered). Guy paid for it, I posted it out, week later he left positive feedback, thought nothing more of it.

Fast forward to today, and I've just received the unopened parcel back from the mailman, reason being there was nobody in at the time to accept the parcel and they've not bothered to collect it from their post office. Seems a bit bizarre, and there's no way I'm posting it back out to him. Reluctant to refund him aswell, as I've not heard back from him at all, plus postage was ?3.70 and I only received ?4 from him in total for the item. Reckon I should just leave it?
                      Maybe he put a ancient mummys curse on it, and now your cursed! Or hid some secret documents inside and you will be pulled into a Jason bourne type spy saga. Or maybe he's just a weirdo that dosent go pick up his parcels from the sorting office.

Comment

Well, here I am again

I sold an item on ebay 2 sundays ago. I offered free next day delivery but stated that I needed a contact number as it would be despatched via courier & so that if they were not home when he delivered then he could contact them to rearrange delivery.

The buyer didnt include a phone number so I had to chase him up, which he finally did 3 days later with his number.
                        By now its wednesday due to him not following my orders, so obviously the next day offer wasnt gonna be fulfilled, but the item went out on Thurs & would arrive on Fri, which I informed him of & told him him that someone would need to be there for it to be accepted.

The courier tried to deliver twice, but no one was there to accept it.

I got an email from City Link yesterday that informed me that the buyer wanted to return it to the sender, thus him not having to pay any postage to send it back. It turned up today unopened.

Now altho he didnt pay any postage as it was free, it actually cost me ?7 to post it out to him, & all of this could have been avoided if he had told me that he'd changed his mind before I posted it, which he could have done as he had 3 days to change his mind before it went out.
                        I'm really pissed off about all of this which could have been avoided, & I am considering refunding him his payment less the ?7 is cost me to post it out to him. Can I do this without getting any hassle?

Comment

While I'm not clued-up on this stuff, I imagine his not wanting the item would mean you don't have to refund postage. At least, that's what it's like for distance selling but not sure about private sales.

The rule seems to be you have to refund delivery both ways if it's your fault(e.g. faulty/wrong item) but not if they just didn't like it or ordered incorrectly.

Comment

I've got a bit of a conundrum, I've sold an item which I now can't find (I know, I know..)

I've sent an email saying if I can't find it tonight I'll refund in full but not got a reply yet. What are the procedure's for this? Do I need to do anything else other than refund them?

Comment

Yes, you will have to let ebay know so they can refund you the final value fee. You can find it in the Resolution Centre

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                                While I'm not clued-up on this stuff, I imagine his not wanting the item would mean you don't have to refund postage. At least, that's what it's like for distance selling but not sure about private sales.

The rule seems to be you have to refund delivery both ways if it's your fault(e.g. faulty/wrong item) but not if they just didn't like it or ordered incorrectly.
                                Thanks billy.

I dunno whats going on with this guy, but he told me he still wants the item but missed the delivery guy 3 times(?) so wants me to repost it to him.
                                However I've told him that the free postage was only available the 1st time I sent it out (I'm not a f*ckin charity case) so he will have to pay for the ?7 for it to go out again, to which I've had no reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X