No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as if Minardi are gonna be a threat to Ferrari, sure they'll sign up, they just want to give Paul Stoddart something (else) to worry about.

Comment

Yeah just been reading the latest on that myself, depressing stuff. Come on Ferrari, FFS it's not as though they are going to threaten your position.

One thing that did make me laugh, was this about Paul Stoddart considering standing as a rival to Max Moseley. The whole thing came about after Bernie said the following:

?What we need to do is that someone needs to go up against him and I think it should be Paul.

?'I will get some T-shirts printed for Melbourne and they are going to have ?Paul for president? on the front and on the back they will have 'I know more about slowing the cars down than anyone else in F1.'

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
        as if Minardi are gonna be a threat to Ferrari, sure they'll sign up, they just want to give Paul Stoddart something (else) to worry about.
        They're just bullying tbh.

Darwock - I love that quote. I hope he does get the T's made up

Comment

You guys heard of the PC game GTR? Check out this thread I just started for it:

Check out the videos and prepare to want it so bad, like I do

Comment

Do any of you read F1 Racing magazine?

I just picked up my 2nd ever copy in preperation for this season and also to research my Fantasy F1 team (that I came 2nd in last year I hasten to add) and must say I'm very impressed, some really good writing and also some amazing photography.

Also, it came with a promo DVD for A1GP which, tbh, I hadn't really heard of. I was very surprised to see how far along they are and it looks pretty cool. I do like the idea of 1 team, 1 driver per country and the single make formulas usually give a lot closer racing. Unfortunately, from the sponsorship I'd say it's going to be broadcast on Sky Sports which is no use at all to me I will however be trying to keep up with the season to see how it goes and who wins. Series starts in Sep '05.

A1GP - World Cup of Motorsport The Home of Nation vs Nation Motorsport.

Comment

The season is underway, gonna be close and very interesting with the new rules

Bloody time difference, 2nd Qualifying 11pm Saturday evening and race starts 3am Sunday morning.

Positions after second practice:

1 Pedro de la Rosa (Spa) McLaren-Mercedes 1:25.376
              2 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes 1:25.676
              3 Nick Heidfeld (Ger) Williams-BMW 1:25.940
              4 Michael Schumacher (Ger) Ferrari 1:26.081
              5 Juan Pablo Montoya (Col) McLaren-Mercedes 1:26.227
              6 Felipe Massa (Bra) Sauber-Petronas 1:26.357
              7 Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 1:26.562
              8 Jenson Button (GB) BAR-Honda 1:26.611
              9 Rubens Barrichello (Bra) Ferrari 1:26.639
              10 Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:26.667
              11 Ricardo Zonta (Bra) Toyota 1:26.808
              12 David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull Racing 1:27.017
              13 Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1:27.162
              14 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Williams-BMW 1:27.195
              15 Mark Webber (Aus) Williams-BMW 1:27.329
              16 Jacques Villeneuve (Can) Sauber Petronas 1:27.513
              17 Christian Klien (Aut) Red Bull Racing 1:27.544
              18 Takuma Sato (Jpn) BAR-Honda 1:27.891
              19 Narain Karthikeyan (Ind) Jordan 1:28.168
              20 Robert Doornbos (Mon) Jordan 1:28.620

Comment

No Minadris then I'm really hating ferrari atm imagine what it's like for their 2 new drivers who have been waiting all their lives for this weekend and they will probably have to sit and watch, gutting.

Those times don't look good for Webber and Sato but who knows what fuel loads they are running. Good to see McLaren back at the top though too.

I think the new rules are gonna take a full race to fully inderstand their implications, and, the possibility of most people nursing their cars so the engine lasts the next race doesn't fill me with confidence for great racing but time will tell. Worst case could be a race to the first corner after qualifying and then a procession but lets hope not.

You staying up David? I'm gonna video it (program starts at 1:40am I think) and watch it when I get up Sunday.

Comment

Minardi have won an injunction to say they can qualify. Still looking a bit ropey for the race though.

Comment

sorry I only posted top 20 times, they're were 24 cars taking part, but Minardi didn't set any practice times, yeah I'll stay up Saturday night, guessing 2nd qualifying is on Live - will check in a moment.

Be in bed by 4.45, hey I feel tired already

Comment

been following the F1 all winter, cant wait for the season to start, I'm gonna be up for qualifying tonight, who does everyone reckon for pole? I cant see anyone outside of a Reanult or McLaren looking at whats happened through the winter!!, I think Ferrari will be happy to score solid points for the first few weekends til the new car arrives!!

Comment

Wow, anyone watch the qualifying last night? Its on again in 20 mins or so. If you don't know whats happened I wont spoil it for you, but is will sure be an interesting race tomorrow!

COME ON DC!

Comment

Interesting. Just seen the highlights of the first session. I'm a bit confused as to these new rules. If you can only use one set of tires, does that mean you can't switch from dry to inters or wets? Also confused as to the double qualifying. Once with low flow, once on race day with full fuel. Most odd.

lol at Shoemucker being behind the Mindardis for the 1st session

Comment

Has anyone here ever been to the Hungarian GP? I am seriously thinking of going and then having a bit of a holiday in Hungary afterwards. If you have been, where did you sit, stay, order tickets from etc.

Comment

wow. poor shumacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                                Interesting. Just seen the highlights of the first session. I'm a bit confused as to these new rules. If you can only use one set of tires, does that mean you can't switch from dry to inters or wets? Also confused as to the double qualifying. Once with low flow, once on race day with full fuel. Most odd.

lol at Shoemucker being behind the Mindardis for the 1st session
                                You can change from dry to intermediate to wet tires depending on race conditions. What you can't do is change from a hard to a soft tire or vice versa.

With regards to the double qualifying - you simply take the aggregate time. It really is that simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X