No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, and thats it. Black F1 - its been done before. It's a good look, but seems like they haven't made any effort.

Stu - I was going to suggest exactly that. This thread has really moved on quite substantially.

Comment

I'll edit it now.

Comment

see Coulthard has got one year deal with Red Bull;

Comment

Excellent news, I read that he was consistently faster than his rivals when testing last week.
          I am a big DC fan.

Comment

Sure he'll do a sound job for them next year, (i'm not his biggest fan) they need a experienced guy and a youngster I think. Should be an interesting season, if he does well enough prehaps he'll be kept on for 2006.

Overall a good "team" decision imo.

Comment

I think the move will be good for DC, a boot up the arse for him after a dissapointing/unlucky last season for him at McLaren.

Comment

DC was mainly shocking last year, he just had nothing on Kimi, hes not a bad driver though and Red Bull certainly need someone with his experience for next year, so it seems like a good idea for him to sign with them, indeed he had a lack of other options!

Klien will get the other seat I reckon, but Liuzzi would be better in it, in my opinion, I'd rather see Heidfeld, Davidson and Paffett in that 2nd seat before Klien personally, but can see Klien driving with Liuzzi as 3rd driver.

Who do people reckon will be driving with Jordan/Minardi next year?

I can see Christijan Albers in a Jordan but apart from that have not got a clue!

Im hoping Heidfeld gets the Williams drive but it seems to be popular opinion Pizzonia will get the drive and Nick will be 3rd driver, which is a shame in my opinion, Heidfeld is more talented than alot of people give him credit for!

Comment

Looking forward to WRC '05. I assume that Channel 4 will continue their coverage. But I can't find anything on the C4 website. Does anyone know anything about it?

Comment

No idea.
                    I thought ITV1 had the rights to '05 since they had the '04 contract as well as British Eurosport.

Would like it to go back to C4, since they gave it daily updates.

Comment

Originally posted by gtskater
                      Looking forward to WRC '05. I assume that Channel 4 will continue their coverage. But I can't find anything on the C4 website. Does anyone know anything about it?
                      cant wait for WRC '05, ive bn playing WRC 4 on PS2 non stop since i got it yesterday, its ACE!

Ford's driver line-up for next year is pretty uninspiring, kresta and gardemeister doesnt sound as good as martin and duval, gardemeister has had some good rallies but still!

Subaru are looking good, Sarrazin was very impressive in his few drives last season!

Peugeot have a strong lineup if they can sort some reliability!

CItroen are the team to beat, Duval and Loeb is an ace pairing

Mitsubishi and Skoda are a pair of background teams atm, unless they produce miracles over winter, nice to see Janne Tuohino get a works drive tho, even if it is limited rallies!

who does everyone think will win the title?

My favourite is Solberg, then Loeb, but i think Martin, Duval and Gronholm are in the frame, and possibly gardemesiter if the new Focus is brilliant!!

Comment

Solberg is just the don at the moment. But when it comes to manufacturers, its all about the french teams as far as I'm concerned. They always drive well, and if not, it certainly makes things fun to watch.

Comment

ITV have the WRC rights for at least another couple of years, shame because as someone said I prefer C4 daily coverage as well (even if it was at midnight). Can't wait until SUnday to see how 3 days of raling has gone, have to look at teletext/internet. Mind you it's on Eurosport about 9.30pm Fri to Sun which is good

Comment

just heard, McRae has crashed out of this years Paris Dakar whilst leading

Also good to see Schumi "digging deep", know he gave over a million to UNICEF couple of months ago also.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                              just heard, McRae has crashed out of this years Paris Dakar whilst leading
                              trashed to hear about McRae, would have been nice to see him win it!

Comment

McRae was leading by about 6 minutes as well......but I guess it's no real surprise that he's out - he's done it all too often in his career. It's no good being quick if you can't finish the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X