No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it seems that the second tank system was legal but the problem was purely weight at the end of the race.

Don't miss a Formula 1 moment – with the latest news, videos, standings and results. Go behind the scenes and get analysis straight from the paddock.

BAR wont be contesting the result and I take that as admitting guilt tbh.

Comment

Guess all the other teams will be doing the same now so bang goes BAR's "advantage", serves them right tbh strange thing allround really, surprised Ferrari haven't put their two penneth in and demanded they are banned for the season.
      Think BAR got off lightly myself and still they're contesting the decision.

EDIT: Just read that link and seems they're all doing it anyway in which case it is the underweight thing which is the only rule breaker, fair enough penalty.
      Last edited by VR46; 06-05-2005, 09:06.

Comment

they've decided against appealing now, make your way to the cashpoint BAR to pay out all those sponsorship penalty clauses

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
          they've decided against appealing now...
          That's what I said 2 hours ago, keep up david

BAR wont be contesting the result and I take that as admitting guilt tbh
          This is gonna cost them a shed load though. Never mind, not like they're one of the poorer teams on the grid.

Comment

I feel for the fans. Imagine if you had booked tickets to Spain or Monaco, only to find out that your favourite team or driver won't be in the race. World class bummer

Comment

Originally posted by Agent L
              That's what I said 2 hours ago, keep up david

This is gonna cost them a shed load though. Never mind, not like they're one of the poorer teams on the grid.
              Oh yeah, sorry.
              And ?10million is enough even to a big team like that, plus their end of year points bonus is gonna be crap this year.

Be funny if Jordan, Mindardi (any anyone else left) get a point in next couple of races and BAR are bottom of the Constructors table.

Comment

We seem to have forgotten that there's a GP this weekend so it's prediction time please ladies and gents.

I think it's going to be a repeat of Imola really with Alonso, MSC and Raik in the top three but I'm not sure of the order, if the cars stay in one piece I think we're getting to the stage where any of them could win it now.

Hears hoping for a good race whatever happens.

Comment

Missed qualifying one 'cos I was out on the piss. But good to see DC make top ten.

Comment

Another race, another point for Sir DC of Twynham.

Comment

Odd race with very little overtaking

If I were Renault, I would be worried by the pace of the Macca in Raikkonen's hands, rather than MS. He was so fast, where did it come from? If that is represenatative of their true speed, then FA will have a problem holding them back during the summer.
                      Crap race from Williams, they are going backwards, and a good result for Toyota.
                      Last edited by Richard.John; 09-05-2005, 04:42.

Comment

To be honest I have never rated Barcelona as a circuit. The only interesting things I can remember there are Micheal's fantastic rain drive and Mika Hakkinan (sp) breaking down on the last lap while leading the race.

Comment

Well it's not going to be Ferrari/Williams/BAR's year so Reanult & Toyota should take full advantage and kick them in the balls while they're down !

Was a strange race, still 14 races to go so it could all change but with Alonso's reliability and McLarens new found pace I can't wait for Monaco in a fortnight ...

Comment

Yes, Renault should be worried. If Mclaren can keep up the pace, there will no stopping them. KR obliterated the opposition yesterday. Worrying stuff for FA.

Comment

It was a bit of a bore, they need to address some of these processions, it's to damm hard to overtake.

Nice move from Fisichella near the end, but that was about it.

Interesting to note that Montoya actually pulled in a quicker lap time than Kimi in that race - He makes a lot of mistakes though, his excuse that the traction control turned itself off and caused his spin was a classic.

The Mclaren looks fast, but as long as Renault are there or there abouts it is going to be very very difficult for Alonso to be taken imo.

Comment

It's the tracks though isn't it. I mean, Barca has never been an circuit full of overtaking has it? They need more circuits with longer breaking zones.

Comment

Working...
                                X