No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair to Fisco, he was barged out of the way by Trulli and ended up way off line, so it wasn't really his fault but it must have been painful none the less. I bet he was swearing down the wire to Flav, I know I would have.

Comment

One thing that has irked me this season is Heidfield not getting enough praise.

He's overshadowing the media darling Webber, and his move on Alonso was immaculate, unlike Webber who made a right mess of it (twice)

Heidfield is the better all round package imo - It will be interesting to see if Williams take an option on him.

Comment

If Willliams have to take Button, which one will they ditch? You would assume that from a marketing perspective Heidfeld would be BMW's choice to stay. From the position of selling cars, a Brit and a German would be the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by SS004
          One thing that has irked me this season is Heidfield not getting enough praise.

He's overshadowing the media darling Webber, and his move on Alonso was immaculate, unlike Webber who made a right mess of it (twice)

Heidfield is the better all round package imo - It will be interesting to see if Williams take an option on him.

Agreed, and it's particularly annoying when Webber opens his big yap and starts bad mouthing his team mates... last comment he made was I believe that Nick just 'sits there'. He can talk big when he has the better results.

Rubens would understandably annoyed, the contract situation at Ferrari is supposed to be that after the final pit stops they are supposed to hold position. I'm pretty sure Rubens would never consider breaking this agreement so it shouldn't be OK for MS to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
            DC is Mr unlucky, glad to see Montoya was placed at back of grid for the start
            I'm a McLaren fan, and even I was glad to see Montoya get punished for what was a bloody stupid thing to do. Frankly, I don't think they're in a good mood with Montoya at the moment, though it'd have to go a lot worse before it reaches the Villeneuve/Sauber situation. I'll be surprised if he lasts the season now.

Comment

JPM is just an idiot at times. He is the new Mansell. I reckon he will see out his contract and then move to a mid-field team or go back to America.

Comment

Do you guys check out the pictures at f1racing.net ? They always have some good ones of the events.

I'm going to be in Monaco in about 3 weeks from now, what are the chances of any of the rubber still being on the ground?

Comment

The Red Bull boys looked amazing in their SW gear. I loved Chewie and Darth keeping guard outside their pit entrance.

Comment

It really is quite amazing just how much being George Lucas means you can get away with on sponsorship. I know I'd be just the same in Red Bull's position, but can you imagine any other sponsor in the world being able to get the level of branding they did?

Comment

They paid through the nose for it though. You pay, you get.

Comment

Poor Kimi, must admit haven't laughed that much in days

Felt sorry for DC but no excuses for speeding in pit lane, and Webber he's just as unlucky, many drivers were lucky there was such a big tarmac run off area at turn one or we would have lost about 5 more cars !

Alonso is gonna take some beating, sure he can just finish 2nd or 3rd in the remaining races and still win the title. This points for top 8 system makes it so hard to catch up with a run away championship leader.

Comment

I can imagine the headlines, "Lucky win for Alonso", but F1 races are now marathons not sprints. He was there at the end when it mattered. Kimi only has himself to blame as he flat spotted the tyre in the first place, he was just unlucky that the suspension blew on ther last lap. Yes, It was a blow to KR's WDC hopes. 10 pts for FA, zilch for KR.
                          Should be an interesting race in Canada.
                          Last edited by Richard.John; 30-05-2005, 02:16.

Comment

Another good race from Heidfeld, and another mistake from Webber.

Heidfeld has better race craft than Webber - Webber is great when no one else is on the track.

It still irks me that Webber get's so much positive press, even Brundle was jumping to his defence on Sunday and ready to blame Montoya for their coming together.

Anyone with any kind of insight into racing could see he out braked himself - Silly Brundle, dont be a nut hugger.

Comment

ITV play up Webber because they broadcast to Oz (I think), so it is case of telling the masses what they want to hear. It's the same with that numbnuts, JB

Comment

I agree totally, there is some terrible bias.

On a side note is JB the easiest person to over take in the entire paddock?

This is a trait i've noticed from way back, he'll never win the title unless he's in the best car and with a weak tem mate - I recall Fisichella schooling him, although people tend to ignore that, he's lucky he has Sato as a team mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X