• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossi to race in next months Wales Rally! Now that I want to see

Last edited by Spagoli; 06-11-2008, 12:56. Reason: added link

Comment

Nice one, good cause too.

Comment

Didn't he take part about four years ago and bin it on the first day ?

Comment

Something like that yes. Sure he's done it before anyway.

Comment

Drove the NZ rally in 2006, I think. Also, Rossi and Loeb are both to test F1 cars (Ferrari and Red Bull respectively).

Comment

I wonder if they could realistically make the change. F1 is on whole new level I feel, at least in terms of fitness. How far off the pace was Rossi when he tested the Ferrari? With that said though, Schumi was slow when he tested a Moto GP bike recently.

Interesting article on KERS vs slick tyres.
              Last edited by Richard.John; 07-11-2008, 03:15.

Comment

I was actually just thinking about the same thing this morning "what if Rossi really moved to MotoGP?" When he tested for Ferrari before, I'm sure he was faster than a lot of the field; Schumacher said he definitely had the pace to be an F1 driver and was disappointed when Rossi stayed in MotoGP. No idea about Loeb, but since he seems to be unbeatable on tarmac, I would have thought that the skills needed for that surface of rally driving would be closest to the style of driving an F1 car.

Comment

IIRC last time Rossi tested an F1 car he was a couple of seconds off the pace. I'm sure a bit practice would get him on a par with more experienced drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                    Interesting article on KERS vs slick tyres.
                    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72024
                    That is a very interesting read, I'm already really looking forward to what next season brings in terms of development. I bet Ferrari and McLaren are still clearly on top though. Would be great to see BMW & Renault really challenge though and also for Honda and Red Bull to make a real step forward.

Comment

Glad slicks are back. Remember how bad Hill was when we moved to grooved. I hope it means we finally get back to some descent overtaking.

Comment

I think Loeb should give up Rallying and move to F1. Are there any new British talent coming through the rank to compete with Hamilton and Button.

Any news about Mansell brothers Greg and Leo's development (Son of Nigel)

Comment

I'd prefer Loeb to stay where he is otherwise the rallys would be pretty boring although hopefully Solberg's improved pace in the Japan rally will mean he can compete higher up the table next year.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                            Are there any new British talent coming through the rank to compete with Hamilton and Button.
                            Scottish driver Paul Di Resta was the DTM 2008 Vice Champion. Word has it he's on his way to F1.

Comment

I love the closed season, so many rumours and announcements to try and keep up with.

Todays is an announcement that Force India will be using Mercedes engines next season. But more than that it's signed a seemingly massive technical agreement with McLaren that will allow them use of, gearbox, hydraulic systems and also McLarens KERS system. I imagine they should make a big step up next year.

Also at Force India, Mallya has instigated a big staff re-structure. Most noticeable is that Mallya himself will take the team principal ousting Colin Kolles and that Mike Gascoyne has also got the boot (he never seems to have much luck anymore since the hey day of Jordan). Are the moves related to the McLaren deal? Who knows, but I'd have thought so.

Comment

Mike Gascoyne always strikes me as he would be difficult to work with, maybe that is why is booted from teams all the time?

Comment

Working...
                                X