No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't find MotoGP entertaining. When they overtake it doesn't seem as exciting. I think it's to do with the size of two cars squezing into a tight corner is more appealing than two reasonably small bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob
      Yeah, but wasn't the Berger inferno because it was at the start of the race and he had full fuel? I thought that was why it was safer to have refuelling at pit stops.
      I believe that refuelling was introduced to improve the show, not for safety reasons. Berger's crash was in 1989 but refuelling was reintroduced in 1994,and during the first season of fuel stops, the Benetton fuel rig famously caught fire. Berger felt that the circuits were unsafe, not the cars as he crashed at the infamous Tamburello corner which he thought was excessively dangerous.
      Last edited by Richard.John; 11-07-2005, 16:19.

Comment

Michelin teams look set to be in he clear.

I bet Michelin themselves are going to take all the flak

Comment

I'm considering going to the Japanese GP this year, would be a dream come true but having never been to an F1 race I'm confused by how to go about it. Is there a source of tickets in the UK? Is general admission good enough? (I don't remember ever seeing any spectators at a GP who WEREN'T in the grandstands) And even if it is, is a grandstand seat worth the extra cost? (especially if it faces a screen)

Comment

At all Grand Prix (unless attendance is poor or Indianapolis) there are always people not in grandstands, obviously grandstands attract quite a bit of premium price also.

Some info/ticket details here; not cheap let us know how you get on

David

Comment

The plan would be to make this part of a larger holiday and we could avoid the travel price hikes that occur when something like this takes place...

A friend who has been to the British GP reckons the problem with general admission is the fences are very high and it's hard to get an unobscured view... any thoughts on that?

Comment

I didn't find the fence a problem at Silverstone, however it does look crap in the photo's ie;

Comment

Suzuka is sold out anyway, at least the grandstands (blame Taku-chan,aargh).I was thinking of going but the the idea of sitting on a muddy hill all day doesn't realy appeal.
                  Last edited by Richard.John; 21-07-2005, 04:21.

Comment

I bought my tickets for Suzuka early last year, but the convenience stores were still selling them the day before. I didn't get a grandstand seat, but got a cracking view from Spoon Curve thanks to a kindly photographer.

Plus you have to go for the race queens! Got a photo of one on my homepage nervously giving a mate a flag.

Comment

Go for the race queens?? Don't you have to be able to get on the grid in order to do that?

Comment

I wish when I went last year I had taken a radio. Not sure if they have any English commentary available at the track, but it was pretty hard to follow what was going on!
                        Last edited by SaijoBob; 21-07-2005, 09:43.

Comment

They had some at the entrance before the race handing out flags and stuff, then after the race some were were walking around the stalls.

Looks worried!

Comment

Originally posted by rjwtaylor
                            I wish when I went last year I had taken a radio. Not sure if they have any English commentary available at the track, but it was pretty hard to follow what was going on!
                            My mate reckons he'll get updates via his mobile phone. I'm not sure.. it might work in this country.. but...

rjwtaylor, how did you get your tickets? We're looking at ordering direct from the suzuka website but not sure how easy that will be.

Comment

Hmm, trying to remember. I remember ordering them online, and them being a good price. I think I did it through the Fuji-tv website or the Suzuka circuit one, but I think they have changed the circuit website. Looks like you have to email or phone them now.

If you don't get a grandstand seat, turn up VERY early to get a good seat. I was so lucky to get a good place to stand, and I arrived at about 11.00.

If you can read Japanese I guess your mobile phone will have some updates on it, or you can listen to the course radio.

Enjoy!

Comment

Anyone see MotoGP ? Rossi was just awesome once he took the lead, taking 2.5 second lead within a lap he's over 100 points clear in championship and should have it tied up in 2/3 races times.

And poor old Kimi, the most unluckiest guy in F1 ? Alonso's got it in the bag now, 36 point lead and 7 races left, Kimi will be luck to finish second in championship at this rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X