No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small update: Qadback Investments Ltd. bought the BMW Sauber team.

Comment

Hope we get a mahoosive grid next year. A 28 car grid would be great to see, especially if the order changes as it has this year.

I'd like a cool name for that team as well, please.

Comment

I suspect they'll just go back to being called Sauber.

Comment

Well well well, this is interesting.

I suspect Renault might find themselves with just a minor slap on the wrist now.

So, it seems like we really will have a clean slate next season. Mosely is going, and appears to have managed to take Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore down with him.

Comment

Flavio has always struck me as a second hand car salesman type - It's prety sad how much blatant cheating and lies these people are happy to peddle.

Comment

So that kinda kills the lawsuit against piquet too. I'd like to seem him countersue for defamation.

Comment

Agree with Flavio the car dealer comment, but thats why I like him!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                  Well well well, this is interesting.

I suspect Renault might find themselves with just a minor slap on the wrist now.

So, it seems like we really will have a clean slate next season. Mosely is going, and appears to have managed to take Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore down with him.
                  I think Briatore has managed to piss on his chips without any help from Moseley.

Comment

2 year suspended ban for Renault.

Flav banned from all FIA activity for an undisclosed time and Symonds banned from F1 for 5 years.

Comment

lol that's supposed to be a penalty?

Comment

Wow, racefixing in a way that put lives at risk and that's it?

This is among the worst things you could do in F1 and it gets a suspended punishment...

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                          2 year suspended ban for Renault.

Flav banned from all FIA activity for an undisclosed time and Symonds banned from F1 for 5 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8266090.stm
                          Pathetic punishment. There's no way that others in the team weren't aware of what went on in Singapore. I suspect this has been done to give Renault one less reason to walk away from F1.

Comment

Apparently the money is worth more than the safety of the public and drivers and the reputation of the sport...

Comment

I wonder what would've happened if this had been McLaren, surely this has got to be worse than the spying thing? There's no consistency to these punishments at all.

Comment

David Croft on the radio said that the main differences between the 2 events are that.

1. McLaren never admitted guilt but Renault did.
                                2. The people involved have all walked and thatis wht the harshest penalty has been given to Flav. He can't even manage a driver anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X