No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't."
    He has since realised that Jenson had never followed him on Twitter, what a twerp

Comment

Good action today, it was entertaining. I especially enjoyed the post race podium interview swearing hah

Comment

Yeah, Kimi! Outstanding radio communications as well as a great race. Can't deny LH would have won if his car kept running though.

Comment

So the championship goes down to the last week. I do hope Vettel wins, as ferrari cheated to get Alonso up places by lying that Massa had a problem with his gearbox, that like getting your local footy team and playing RVP as a special signing or something and sends out a bad message in sport, cheating gets you everywhere.

Comment

Thought it was a good race with lots of action. Like the Austin circuit too.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              So the championship goes down to the last week. I do hope Vettel wins, as ferrari cheated to get Alonso up places by lying that Massa had a problem with his gearbox, that like getting your local footy team and playing RVP as a special signing or something and sends out a bad message in sport, cheating gets you everywhere.
              No lying or cheating about it, they just played the rules to their advantage. Pretty bad for the sport though especially in front of such a large new audience.

I think this might be Lewis's best season, despite the lower than normal position in the championship. Hope that isn't it for his career though as now he has the maturity to go with his talent he is an incredible driver and deserves a top-notch team. Time will tell.

Comment

And I'm pretty sure Red Bull have been happy enough to push the rules and regulations - what with their ride-height systems, flexible front bodywork, extreme cambers, engine mapping etc..

Think Ferrari's decision maybe wasn't very sporting and undoubtedly a shame for Massa after he'd out-qualified Alonso but maybe you've got to hand it to them for thinking outside the (gear)box.

Comment

Well done to Vettel. Exciting race in Brazil as always. Cheeky move from Schumacher, I bet he'll be off Alonso's Christmas card list. I half expected Button to move over to let Alonso pass.

Comment

Shame he didn't, another boring win for Vettel.

Comment

Boring? He gets spun around, is in last position, his car is damaged and one moment its raining hard, you try driving at 150+ MPH and Vettel still comes through to do enough to get another championship, boring that Chelsea V Man City.

Comment

not to mention that he didnt even win, it was buttons race.

Comment

Best trolling ever. Stunning end to the season!

Comment

Vettel was so lucky he didn't have a puncture/more damage etc. Great final race though.

Do feel sorry for Alonso, bar the Grosjean incident and the tag by Kimi he has been so consistent all year, and in both instances if he'd managed to qualify better they could have been avoided etc. All if's and buts I know. Rant over. Maybe next year will be Alonso's.

Roll on a great 2013 season in F1, and Moto GP, with Rossi back on a Yamaha, show Lorenzo how it's done.

Comment

Ferrari want to establish if there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that could overturn the result of the world championship.

There is no way Ferrari won't ask the question based on their previous history.

Comment

Article on BBC website claims Ferrari may looked to see if Vettel made an illegal overtake in the race in a yellow flag area. A 20 second penalty to Vettel would give Alonso the title.

Edit - beaten to it. Video is pretty conclusive isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X