No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to the two wheeled action myself, MotoGP, WSBK, BSB and then stuff like the North West 200 and the TT coming up...can't beat it!

Comment

The North West and the TT are always worth a watch too. I rate the TT over most motorsports just for the sheer skills and bravery involved. Me and the missus are Guy Martin fans too.
      Last edited by vanpeebles; 17-03-2013, 14:50.

Comment

Have you been watching the program on ITV 4 following the TT Legends team throughout 2012? Seem to remember on one episode they had clocked John McGuinness on the Superbike through the bottom of Bray Hill at 176 i think it was, absoloute balls of steel all of them!!! And yes, Guy fans here too!!!

Comment

Yeah I seen a few of them I liked an old program they did and McGuiness was talking about the old days when Mike Hailwood made his TT comeback.

I'm a bit of a Norton fanboy as my dad has a commando so my fave TT moment is when Hislop rode the Norton home against Fogarty on his Yamaha. The last great hurrah for british bikes.
          Last edited by vanpeebles; 17-03-2013, 17:44.

Comment

I'm a massive two wheeled fan also, was lucky enough to work on MCN for six years, had a new company motorbike every six months and some great perks, shame those days ended in 2001.

Can't wait for Rossi to bring it in 2013. With Lorenzo and Pedrosa and the others should be a vintage year for Moto GP fans. Just three weeks until the first race.

Pleased for Kimi today, and that Red Bull aren't running away with things already.
            That McLaren is darn slow.

Comment

Yeah, Kimi deserved it. He drove flawlessly. It was an interesting race but rather low on incident and excitement. Looks like the tyres this season might be even less durable than last years which, though likely to produce some very exciting races, isn't the direction the sport should be taking in my opinion. I wanna see drivers driving their hardest, not holding back and looking after their tyres.

Comment

I totally agree, fair play to Renault though for managing to do do well on just two pit stops. Don't know what the solution is though.

Comment

There isn't one, really. DRS is a bit fake too but it didn't play a big part on Sunday. Race was still excellent though. Next weekend will be different in more normal weather. Red Bull will take it, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Yeah I seen a few of them I liked an old program they did and McGuiness was talking about the old days when Mike Hailwood made his TT comeback.

I'm a bit of a Norton fanboy as my dad has a commando so my fave TT moment is when Hislop rode the Norton home against Fogarty on his Yamaha. The last great hurrah for british bikes.
                    That was a classic race...Hizzy as smooth as ever, Foggy clouting kerbs, excellent!!!. And i love the rotary racers...just hope Norton can keep afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      I'm a massive two wheeled fan also, was lucky enough to work on MCN for six years, had a new company motorbike every six months and some great perks, shame those days ended in 2001.

Can't wait for Rossi to bring it in 2013. With Lorenzo and Pedrosa and the others should be a vintage year for Moto GP fans. Just three weeks until the first race.
                      Looking forward to seeing Rossi back on a decent bike, hope Cal can keep up last years form and i think Marquez will be a dark horse. I have to say, i can see Marquez having a couple of offs though...

Comment

I thought Kimi was really impressive. He managed to smile on the podium.

Comment

Originally posted by jon bda View Post
                          That was a classic race...Hizzy as smooth as ever, Foggy clouting kerbs, excellent!!!. And i love the rotary racers...just hope Norton can keep afloat.
                          I saw a great documentary about it. Foggy said he rode that Yamaha so hard that it was dropping to bits by the end. The exhaust had blown out, most of the dials had packed in and it was completely knackered. The Yamaha had loads of money behind it and support while the Norton was like a privateer bike with Hislop was carrying tyres about etc.

Comment

Race was ace today, and the soap opera style fallouts will make the rest of the season very entertaining.

Comment

It was brilliant. Gloves will be off in RB now. Don't think Webber will let that happen easily again if he is told to move over later on (very likely).

If it wasn't for the badly thought out strategy on Hamilton's side Mercedes look quick too. Rosberg should have been allowed through if it was fairly thought out. Quite obvious Hamilton has a preference in his contract.

Comment

That's the awkwardest podium I've ever seen. Even topped the infamous 2002 Austrian, Schui/Barachello team-orders-shenanigans podium. I'm hoping it fires up Webber to take the fight to Vettel. I do like Vettel but what he did was out of order and I think he knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X