Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dozen egg whites in a pitcher, a la Rocky?

Comment

Not a great fan of eggs, they make me want to heave It's not a problem I've found some soy protein shakes that should do the trick.

Comment

Dude, you're bulking up and... running? Does not compute You'll not gain much muscle at all but as long as your protein intake is balanced you'll be OK, just don't expect much in the way of any gains. Your muscles will store more energy but you won't build much muscle mass unless you destroy it in the first place and it takes a lot of running to do that. That's where resistence/strength routines come into play. Pump some iron!

Comment

Soy is about the worst kind of protein, the amino acid profile really isn't good. I'd imagine you'd need three times the amount of whey to get anywhere near the same affect - maybe I'm exagerating but you get the idea.

There's got to be some vege-whey out there, or vege-casein. They're milk based.

If not go for some egg based protein powder.

Comment

zomg. Really feeling it after the Pilates. Is should have done some more stretching. People laugh at it, thinking you just lie around on the floor for an hour, but you spend the whole time isolating various muscles that you just never use in normal life. I must be seriously out of shape. Too much sitting on my bum staring at a PC screen

Comment

Aren't bodybuilders generally advised to avoid soy products anyway, because of high oestregen/lower testosterone levels?

Comment

Possibly, TBH I've not read that. I do know soy is for girls though

Comment

Here's a bit of a curveball, strange thought I was having last night. How good is a punchbag for building upper body strength? Just been thinking about something like that which would easily go in my garage and let me do an upper body workout each day which would be a nice change from the running.

So, do they actually work?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar View Post
                    Dude, you're bulking up and... running? Does not compute You'll not gain much muscle at all but as long as your protein intake is balanced you'll be OK, just don't expect much in the way of any gains. Your muscles will store more energy but you won't build much muscle mass unless you destroy it in the first place and it takes a lot of running to do that. That's where resistence/strength routines come into play. Pump some iron!
                    I'm not looking to achieve a body builders physique though, just to lose some weight and add a little definition to my body.

Comment

That'll be fat loss then, you'll get that from running; seeing more muscle because you have less fat. Just eating protein does not equate to more body mass.

Comment

No, because I want to gain a bit more upper body muscle too. I'm not stupid enough to think eating more protein magically bulks up muscles y'know? I'm putting the work in too. Also why does it have to be one or the other? I just want some all-round fitness.
                        Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 25-02-2007, 01:21.

Comment

I'd like some tips here, if anyone would oblige.

I weigh 11 stone and am 6ft. I want to retain my current shape/size.

I drink a can of lager and a strongish bottle of wine a night. I have some cereal in the morning, a sandwich (usually tuna in white bread) and one decent-ish meal on an evening. Snackwise, I might have two apples, a few peanuts and half a pack of Skittles, maybe one cup of sugary tea per day.

Exercise at prez are 60-100 reps per arm with an 8kg weight and between 60-120 situps/crunches per day (though I slack off some days). Apart from that, I don't do much exercise.

If I keep on going at the current rate, am I likely to gain weight, stay level, or lose weight???

Comment

Mate you should read about the last 30 pages, you'll find out everything you need to know

Comment

Squated 120kg today for 10 reps, was quite impressed. I reckon I can still easily do more though so I'm trying 130kg next week.

Got my bench up to 85kg the other day but had an off day for benching overall so only managed 4 reps on it, still good though. I'm not putting on much weight just now but still seeing myself getting bigger and stronger. Hopefully just because I'm doing a bit more CV so I'm losing fat too.

Comment

Well I'm back on DoggCrapp - kind of. With my back still bad, I'm going to have to work around it, but use the DC mentality with the exercises I can do. Just lost so much size the last 4 plus months.

On a positive note, I've started shifting fat again, thought my metabolism has keeled over but glad to report it kicked back in a week or so ago.

Jogging a little when my back lets me has helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X