This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
    Does the rowing machine you use have different settings where the rope is easier/harder to pull?
    It sure does, it's a Concept-II although I'm unsure which particular model. Put me second on the board in the gym until the next day when the current leader just got faster, the guy in third did 6:47.2 That's just an excuse to do it faster now

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum
      Done my last pre London long run this morning, 24 miles, longest I've ever run, and I nearly didnt go out, but Im glad I did and am spending the rest of the day vegging on the settee.
      I don't know why but just reading that makes me happy.

I always try and watch the London marathon and have huge respect for anybody running the whole distance, even if it takes them all day. The furthest I have run/jog non-stop (literally) is 16 miles last May on a (very early) warm Sunday morning.

I want to be able to do that again this year sometime and you have motivated me to do that rumbletum.

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
      It sure does, it's a Concept-II although I'm unsure which particular model. Put me second on the board in the gym until the next day when the current leader just got faster, the guy in third did 6:47.2; that's just an excuse to do it faster now.
      Thanks for letting me know as it kind of bothers me when somebody just say 'I did under seven minutes (2000m)' without anybody around them taking notice of the time or the setting the rowing machine is on.

I hope you continue your quest to get your times down to the tee mate!

Comment

thats it nothing to do now but sit back

Oh well, last longish run out of the way today 16miles and thats me done. Nothing to do now other than just taper over the next few weeks. Have to say I'm looking forward to the taper, my legs are shot and I feel like I need either a race or a rest! I've done well over 1200 miles training for the Marathon this year so if its not in the bag now its too late to worry!

Comment

Originally posted by Spagoli View Post
          Have to say I'm looking forward to the taper, my legs are shot and I feel like I need either a race or a rest! I've done well over 1200 miles training for the Marathon this year so if its not in the bag now its too late to worry!
          I wish you all the best of luck mate.

I will be in London to watch the Marathon this year so I may watch you run by without realising it is you. I have to say that doing over 1200 miles is no mean feat so you should give yourself a pat on the back anyway.

Comment

Need to sort myself out. Piling on the pounds, a lot going on IRL and I comfort eat Gone from jogging 2 miles a day to nothing in 2 weeks.

Comment

Happy days! I've been getting treatment for my seized up calves and have today been told I can't start running again at the weekend. Just gently to see how it goes but finally!! (I'd been told to rest while having treatment since I last posted about them)

Comment

I've got my first road race a week on Sunday, pretty scary stuff. 5 laps of an 11 mile circuit, lots of draggy roads. First time riding in such a large peleton as well. Average speed will be about 23mph Ah well, how bad can it get?

Comment

What was the problem Ish? If you don't mind me asking

I'm getting similar problems, mainly my right calf though. Thought it was a shoe thing but got some decent Asics shoes and still the same, my right calf started seizing within running half a mile and just seems to get more painful. Tried again today and it's still aching now

Comment

Well as I couldn't provide much information to the physio so I/he doesn't know what triggered it. But basically my calves even when "relaxed" were rock solid. I could feel it myself and the guy took one feel of them and was like "Rrriggght. You need to stop now" and told me to rest for a while.

I've had a series of (really quite firm!) massages on them that has noticeably slackened them off. I can feel the difference both to the touch and just in them (if you know my meaning) myself.

He's said take a couple more days after day and then start with a gentle run and see how they go and look for any problems and report back if there any.

I've got decent shoes too - I've always taken a lot of care over shoes having them fitted etc.

Comment

Cheers dude, will have a chat with my cousin, her being a physio could come in handy

Comment

Probably a good idea!

I suspect whats really wrong with me is that I turned 30 a year or two ago. Things seem to keep breaking since then!

Comment

Still think my problem will be related to flat footedness in the right foot more than the left. The Asics 2110 sorted out my left and that's fine now, just this right one is stopping me from doing any sort of distance

Comment

Just got back from overseas, been back for a week and can feel myself slipping away into the land of fat. Im stuffing my face full with chocolate, sweets, lovely cheeses, tea, fruit and anything that is in a 1 metre radius of my paws.

Good to be back. Must. Exercise. Soon.

Comment

The shame, the shame.

I tried to put on last summers shorts earlier. They don't fit me anymore.

Comment

LOL same thing happened to me yesterday! Last year, waist was pretty slim in the shorts. This year, can barely squeeze in to them and the spillage is immense. ****, knew I'd gained weight but that much! Diet started this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X