Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Anyone know a cure for stinky gloves other than get new gloves? Any way to stop them getting stinky?
    You can't really stop them getting stinky in the first place as they're an ideal place for bacteria (that's what you're smelling, nice eh!!) to breed. There is an easy way to cure it though. Put them in a freezer bag (or any air tight bag) and stick them in the freezer overnight (24hrs if possible) then allow them to defrost out of the bag, sorted. Oh and it works on boots too .

Comment

Ah, nice tip! Thanks Womble. I'll give that a go.

Comment

nice tip Womble, I've bought a new gloves every season..... but this is cheaper !!

Comment

Are you saying the cold kills the bacteria? Or just stops them breeding - I'm not leaving my kit in the freezer all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Ah, nice tip! Thanks Womble. I'll give that a go.
            You're welcome mate, works on boots too if need be!!

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
            nice tip Womble, I've bought a new gloves every season..... but this is cheaper !!
            And has that been down to wear or them being a bit stinky? I normally get around 3-4 years out of a good quality glove wear wise.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Are you saying the cold kills the bacteria? Or just stops them breeding - I'm not leaving my kit in the freezer all the time.
            Ha ha just give 'em a one off blast. I'd imagine it actually kills them, not much can survive 12hrs+ at -12 or so. I've only had to do it a few times in years and years but each time it's sorted it for ages.

Another tip, and this may be why I don't suffer from it too badly in the first place despite my riding being all in summer & on hot sweaty track days, is to not keep your gloves in your helmet, loads of people stuff 'em in there when they get home and it just acts like a mini incubator !!

Comment

Also. Shower. And Soap.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                And has that been down to wear or them being a bit stinky? I normally get around 3-4 years out of a good quality glove wear wise.
                them being stinky is the main reason.

I'm glad that I can I wash the inside of my helmet in the washing machine, so that doesn't cost me so much money!

Comment

passed my mod 2 bike test today, on 3rd time! Woop Woop

Comment

sweet

Comment

Indeed. Thought I had fluffed it up one the way back to the test centre, when I took a left turn on a roundabout without indicating. Whoops hadnt noticed the roundabout and just thought the road branched round to the left. In the end finished up with just 2 minor faults. Now just need to get a bike.

Comment

Not seen this thread.... passed both my mod 1 and 2 on the first attempt the week of October 25th 2010

Picked up this a few weeks back, only had 2 rides of it due to the weather, but to say i'm pleased is an understatement!.. bring on the sunshine

Totally different to the Suzuki GS500 I learnt on, but I had wanted a sportsbike from day one, this came up at the right time so I went for it.

2003 GSX-R600 K3 totally standard 10k on the clocks...

Comment

My Blade has been a bit neglected lately, due to the weather and lack of time. I need to change that this year.

Comment

Really nice bike, that Gixer What were the insurance costs like?

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                              Really nice bike, that Gixer What were the insurance costs like?
                              Yesterday was the first time I really got to grips with the bike and I was loving it, didn't so much enjoy the lack of feeling in my fingers by the time I got home though

Insurance wise, £400 tpft, inc. leather and helmet cover and riding other bikes, I opted out of pillion passenger insurance as I have no intentions of carrying passengers, it wasn't as much as i'd expected considering the lack of experience and Zero No Claims Bonus, quite a few of my friends use the same company, the next quote up was nearly double

http://www.mceinsurance.com/

Comment

Thats quite a reasonable price, just have to make sure you get a good lock, as they are supposed to be thief magnets.

Comment

Working...
                                X