No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My speedo went on my little 125CG today. Greeat! Ill be doing my full test in a few months tho, and going to get a Yamaha Fazer 600

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
      Thats quite a reasonable price, just have to make sure you get a good lock, as they are supposed to be thief magnets.
      yeah I was well pleased with the quote, as for security, its got a thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser and i've also purchased a Oxford Hardcore XL lock & chain, plus I had to buy a ramp to get the bike out of the back of my house as its on a split level, so if they want it they'll have to carry it, which i'm sure isn't out of the ordinary for bike thieves!

Comment

That seems to be one of the worst things about Motorbikes...the thieves! though hopefully if you make it as difficult as poss it will deter them enough.

The Fazer 600 above looks pretty cool, think I would go for one of the naked ones though, as like the naked look
        Quite interested in picking up one of these myself in few months

Comment

Bum. Fell off my bike on some black ice on the way to work this morning. I fear it's written off. I rode it home, but the forks don't feel aligned properly. My left hand was further forward than the right. Otherwise, just fairing, brake lever and indicator (to my untrained eye). And helmet.

Comment

Can you not replace the forks? My Dad bought a dropped bike with a wobbly front wheel and repaired it in one afternoon with a new set with the steering bit on.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Bum. Fell off my bike on some black ice on the way to work this morning. I fear it's written off. I rode it home, but the forks don't feel aligned properly. My left hand was further forward than the right. Otherwise, just fairing, brake lever and indicator (to my untrained eye). And helmet.
              Sorry to hear that matey but glad to hear that you're ok. Was this on your ZX6 and did the bike actually hit anything at speed (other than the deck!)? If not I'd say it's pretty unlikely to have damaged the forks. It's far more likely that the accident's just moved a clipon round a bit (a few degrees can out feel like a mile when it's a bike you ride regularly / know well). Check both bar ends for scuffing, if it's heavy it could easily have moved (or even bent) one of them a touch. Failing that sit on the bike and with the front wheel pointing dead straight ahead look down the forks as they could also have just twisted a tad in their yokes.

Comment

My days of doing big stuff myself are over, and I'd rather get it checked out by someone that knows what they are doing in case anything else is damaged.

At the moment feeling a bit woozy. Hit the side of my head on the ground. Maybe slight concussion.

Comment

Ppffttttt hardly big stuff, wuss club

Comment

Got offered top dollar for the bike (2k). Loads more than I expected, but looking on autotrader, it's probably about right for this time of year - no one selling.

Comment

The 04 R1 was my first proper dream bike and after more than four years together I traded it in for an 08 Fireblade about 18 months ago, but as fantastic as the Fireblade is, I just haven't clicked with it or feel the same about it as I did my R1, no matter what little tweaks I've made.

In the last year I've been getting the Italian bike bug and have gravitated towards either a Ducati 848 Evo or 1198 S, although I would love a 1098 R, or an Aprilia RSV4 Factory and might have made my mind up today.

I visited my local George White where I have a good relationship, although I haven't been there since their takeover of GT Motorcycles has been in full swing, and to my surprise they have brought Aprilia to my local showroom (GT was an Aprilia and Ducati dealer), but Ducati will not let them bring their brand local because of a rival, already established Ducati dealer and whatever politics go with it. Anyway, I spent about 30 minutes with an RSV4 Factory and had the same feeling about it as I did with the R1 and haven't really had with the Fireblade. Now I just need a money plan. Realistically I will have to wait until next year, but a big part of me really wants to make it happen this year. The thing is I'm fulfilling a dream I've had for a very long time that makes it a very difficult thing to achieve this year.

Comment

Weather took a turn for the better today hitting 10 degrees and with no strong wind like we've had the last couple of weeks. That and the dry roads (I'd seen a few wet / damp patches so left it as late as possible) had me chomping at the bit to get out for the first time this year. Headed out on my usual run up on the yorkshire moors and encoutered every hazard possible!! Tractors, wet patches, mud, water from fields running across roads, potholes, gravel and naturally a load of drivers that due to not seeing many bikes in recent months seemed oblivious to me untill the very last second . Tell you what though...... I bloody loved every second of it, summer can't come soon enough .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                          summer can't come soon enough .
                          Ditto and nor can March when I collect my 2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory, so much for waiting a year to buy a dream machine!

Comment

awesome machine. I had a very close look at one in DK the other week and they are stunning. Plus i love the fact that they're so compact. After getting off my 675 everything else feels like a land-barge sofa style thing.

Comment

They're a fantastic bike and being a short arse I loved the compactness of it too!! Gave it some serious thought before going for the Beemer. Did you consider the APRC version that they do? Oh and that pipe (the one I saw in the showroom had an Akra on it), might I sugest one of these .

All Products on austinracing. Motorcycle exhausts, Aprilia RSV4, Bmw S1000RR, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Ktm1290, Suzuki, Yamaha R1, Mv Agusta, Uk Manufactured Using Inconel, Titanium, Stainless, Formula 1 & Motogp race technology

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                                They're a fantastic bike and being a short arse I loved the compactness of it too!! Gave it some serious thought before going for the Beemer. Did you consider the APRC version that they do? Oh and that pipe (the one I saw in the showroom had an Akra on it), might I sugest one of these).
                                As technically impressive as the APRC SE model is, I'm not fussed about having all the electronics and it costs more and I'm not keen on its additional paintwork.

I'm already in e-mail conversation with Rich at AR. I love the look and sound of his cans and will probably get the GP2, as it looks sweet, is a little quieter and can be fitted high or low.

The thing I'm finding annoying though is how hard Aprilia have made it to change exhausts. You either have to get the stock ECU remapped, or buy a racing ECU and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about either method on the net. Aprilia is new to my dealer too.

Comment

Working...
                                X