No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well India have 5 wickets left and about three hours play remain, could go either way, just noticed the name of the stadium they're playing at

Wankhede Stadium

BBC Link for score updates
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

84 - 6

It's in the bag

Comment

It's a one ball game fellas...anything can happen

Comment

We've bowled them out for 100, a much needed win for England

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Fantakka. They genuinely outplayed India in this test, and the series result is a fair one. I was playing last night and ache today - my team started nets and it is a case of getting back into it after seven months away. We have our nets indoors at the Rose Bowl - very nice.

Felt good weilding the bat, played some nice strokes, although my seven year old lad could probably turn the ball more than me - my bowling was very poor. Roll on May and the new season!

Comment

p.s. - great figures for my man Udal - Hampshire and now Engerland legend!!!

Comment

Got our asses whipped in the first one-dayer against India today

Comment

Bloody hell! When I got to work this morning I thought we were doing really well with the bowling.

Ah. I see that once again, everyone other than Flintoff and Pieterson were being crap.

Comment

What team do you play for Seany? Anyone else here play?

It might be good to share news of our (mis)fortunes through the summer. I play for mighty Penzance III, a collection of promissing teenagers and old gits (virtually nobody between 20 and 35). I'm not part of the youth element.

Comment

I'm an ECB coach and do play cricket....

Nice to know there are some cricketers on the forum. Fatbatach what league do you play in?

Comment

Cornwall Cricket League, Division 6 West.

And you, smallvillex?

Comment

I play division 1 Shepheard Neame Essex League.

Though studying in Scotland has made me think a bit. I was considering playing division 1 1XI Cricket here. But it depends on what kind of offers i get...

I'm thinking of trying out for the Scottish academy though...

An ECB coach in the Scottish Academy..

Comment

Well, there was a Scotsman captaining England a few decades ago ...

You play at a much higher level than me then. Do you mainly bat or bowl? I open the bowling, bat at 11.

Comment

Well being flexible...i'll play in any team....

I'm an all-rounder...open the bowling and bat 3 but i'll move depending on what situation we're in.

I remember when one of my games got cancelled last season and a captain for a team in a different league rang me and said they wanted me to play for them. Went along...bowled two overs...took 4 wickets..for 1 run and got taken off....because it was being unfair on the youngsters. Batted 6th and made 52 before slogging out...

The thing is with me...i prefer playing friendly games...not so much competetive anymore. I've found that not many people play in the spirit of the game...ft:

I'm assuming you bowl medium-fast?

I'm getting so excited about the upcoming season.....can't wait....

Though i haven't been able to play during the winter due to stupid uni...

Comment

I have played in higher divisions where there could be hard edge to the games, players being criticised for dropping catches, barracking which was cruel at times. At the risk of being pompous I think older players like me have a responsibility to encourage young players, of the opposition side as well as our own. I wouldn't enjoy playing though without trying my utmost to get wickets, nurdle a few runs and win the game ...

We play 48 over matches, bowlers now restricted to 12. I bowl my 12 straight through - in my late 40's I stiffen up too much to stop and start. I did bowl 24 sometimes before the restrictions came in.

Comment

Working...
                                X