No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno, they will try and amass a big score quickly tomorrow morning, then can see them putting us in again about 2 or 3pm, can we hold out for day and a bit ? yeah sure we can

Comment

Well I live 10-15 miles from the Oval and we have had torrential and I do mean torrential rain this evening. If the storm we had here in Bexleyheath went through the Oval, forget about play for tomorrow. The outfield will be under water.

Comment

lol i heard bexleyheath/dartford/erith area is underwater lol, was in bluewater working tonight and everyone moaning they gonna have a hard time getting home

as for cricket, england are looking better and better for the draw, only hope for the aussies to get a full day batting tomorrow and hope to bowl england out quick on monday, don't see it happening even if the weather stays dry =D

Comment

Mrs came through Dartford tunnel about 9pm last night and said it was flooded with about 3 inches of water, yet in Romford (less than 10 miles away) not a drop .... weather could go either way today. What ever happens the game is bound to be shortened so should make for some good quickfire cricket.

Comment

I hope its not rained off, it will be a poor end to an otherwise magnificent series.

Comment

An amazing morning, at 260 odd for 1 yesterday I thought it was all but over, getting them out without them reaching out total was a superb acheivement. Shame we lost an early wicket though, and even more so that they have left the field through bad light.

Comment

going to be close if the weather holds out, we were 79-3 few minutes ago, link for latest updates.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Thanks for the link - the Guardian website has collapsed under the strain. 100-3.

Comment

Had to laugh at this description of KP:

"1156: Pietersen picks up the first ball of Warne's over and deposits it into the stands at deep mid-wicket for six to bring up the 100 for England. He immediately sends for a new bat but when he tries to repeat the shot he misses and nearly overbalances as Australian keeper Gilchrist waits for a stumping chance. Undeterred he goes after Warne again from the final ball of the over and once more smashes him into the crowd at mid-wicket for the second six of the over. "

Comment

Pietersen doesn't quite understand this whole 'cautiously playing for the draw' thing, does he? But then, he's also been dropped twice already.

Which is great fun, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

We will be OK, I reckon. I can feel it in my bones.

Comment

****e

We've hoyed this away, I reckon

Comment

nah, if we can bat for another 90 mins, get lead upto 190 say we should be OK, but that's a lot of ifs & buts ..

Comment

190?? They'd do that in an hour and a half with no loss, just to spite us

Still, come on teh England

Comment

It was obvious wickets were going to fall this morning, the conditions are ripe for Australia.

However, they still have to bat against the same conditions with the possibility of worse light as times go on. This English team has the ability to bowl Australia out for under 150 and I would love to see our bowlers tear apart the Australians going for a high run rate. Look at how they tore through the middle and lower order yesterday.

Game on I say and fantastsic end to the best series I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X