No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nailbiting stuff. If we cant hang on for 50 overs we're in trouble...

Comment

GAHHHH

This is terrifying

Go on lads, 160-5 is getting there

Comment

don't know what your all worrying about we've added 33 runs in 20 minutes and were flying, must have been the kangaroo burgers for lunch that did it !

Comment

Oh ****ing Christ! 200-7. They really don't want to make life easy, do they?

Nor do the BBC, who have been failing to count the seventh wicket, and instead counted it as a sixth one twice on their live updates.

55 overs remaining, and 3.5 hours. So that's still well doable by Australia if the rest of England fold too quickly.

Comment

And now Pietersen wants his THIRD bat of the innings. What the hell is he doing to them?

Comment

Originally posted by mid
              And now Pietersen wants his THIRD bat of the innings. What the hell is he doing to them?
              Hitting the balls ****ing hard. So glad to see him scoring lotsa runs.

This could go on til 7pm the way its going! Its so damn nailbiting, I can barely take it, its like watching the office its so cringey. Thing is, its looking as though (unless they bowl us out in the next half an hour) they are gonna have to come out playing 20 20 cricket, slogging every ball, so they must be under more pressure than us surely? We just have to stay in as long as possible, taking singles where possible...

Oh yeah, Shane Warne's arm but be ****ing knackered, has he had an over off since 10:30am yet? Last count it was 23 overs and that was about an hour ago. 29 overs now and he is still going, christ.

EDIT:

Pieterson century, I couldn't be happier for him really, he looks SO happy!
              Last edited by Jebus; 12-09-2005, 14:30.

Comment

Hey, I've got a few quid on Peterson being top scorer (since ages ago). Did he manage that already?

Comment

In this innings for England yes, two Aussies got higher in their last innings...

Comment

I mean for the Ashes overall...
                    Obviously he's highest this innings

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                      Thing is, its looking as though (unless they bowl us out in the next half an hour) they are gonna have to come out playing 20 20 cricket, slogging every ball, so they must be under more pressure than us surely?
                      Even if they clear us out pretty much straight off (and that's not exactly easy when Warne is gonna be sufficiently knackered that a 20-minute tea break won't solve it completely), they'll have less than 50 overs to get 228 runs plus whatever else we can take them for. That's a fair bit of work...

Comment

Well, anything short of a miracle for Australia means England have won the Ashes now - 3 - 3.5 hours left to play - Possibly 40 overs, not much more than that, England will slow it right down if they have to bowl at Austrlia. They will stick men on the boundary and let Australia take the singles, Even if we are all out by 4pm, Australia will need to get something like 7 or 8 runs an over on a 5 day old wicket, with Flintoff and Hoggard on top form - Not going to happen.

****ing beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nijo
                          I mean for the Ashes overall...
                          Obviously he's highest this innings
                          I haven't looked at the scorecards but I'd say for an Englishmen that Flintoff has probably hit more than Pieterson...possibly.

Comment

I haven't looked at the scorecards but I'd say for an Englishmen that Flintoff has probably hit more than Pieterson...possibly.
                            He had, up until the current innings

FLintoff 402
                            Pietersen 423 and counting.

Comment

I still say Flintoff is the man of the series...

Comment

I still say Flintoff is the man of the series...
                                Oh undoubtably.

Comment

Working...
                                X