No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been following the Test against India ?, we played well yesterday, then as I have just discoved, lost our last six wickets for 30 runs this morning.

Comment

Where are all you cricket fans ? just seen on the TV, England's innings ended with five consecutive 6's, amazing stuff, after we made a shaky start as well, 316 runs should do it, if not, will be an amazing win for India

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

You have to love Tendulkar though, his run rate is brilliant and they will no doubt ramp it up a bit more over the next few overs. Would be a great match to watch.

Comment

Kiss of death there mate, Sachin out for 94 and Ganguly gone also, should be home in time for last few overs

Comment

Comment

Ayyyy, Mashceranas!

Comment

Great match, and nice and close at the end there to the level the series.

Comment

I wonder if that whinging old tosspot Geoffrey Boycott is going to crawl into his hole for a few months after that series win.

Well done to Colly and the boys. Collingwood may be a dull bat, but he doesn't come near the same 'level' as Auld Paint Dryer.

Comment

Leave good old Boycs alone Although he can be quite negative and forthright, a lot of what he says is actually pretty accurate...

Great stuff from the boys today though. When we lost that first match I thought we'd get hammered, but we stuck in there and got our reward.

First India, now Sri Lanka...maybe we've finally got the hang of this one day game...

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      I wonder if that whinging old tosspot Geoffrey Boycott is going to crawl into his hole for a few months after that series win.

Well done to Colly and the boys. Collingwood may be a dull bat, but he doesn't come near the same 'level' as Auld Paint Dryer.
                      Good on Geoff Boycs.

What a shambolic display, full of characterless pussies and tosswagons.

Comment

Well folks, that's two new captains needed for the Test and One Day sides. Can't understand why Colly stepped down, I thought the one day team was making some progress.

Anyone but The Show Pony for captain?

Comment

I wonder if Vaughn will even be picked for the team going forward. His performances would suggest not!

Maybe Colly is having a bit of a 'I challenge you to find someone better' moment after all the press criticism?

Comment

I think on the bbc site it says Vaughan won't play in the next test either.
                            I guess Colly must be thinking that all change is needed in the whole set-up - younger players growing into the captaincy roles like Smith and Ponting have.

I'd like to see this line up for the next test:

Cook
                            Strauss
                            Show Pony
                            Bell
                            Colly
                            *Newbie batsmen*
                            Ambrose (last chance before position is reviewed).
                            Broad
                            Fat Fred
                            Sidebottom
                            Panesar

That's 6 batsmen, wk and 4 bowlers (Flintoff and Broad as bowlers who can bat). Anderson to rest.

And give young Cook a gig with the captaincy.

Comment

Makes me cross hearing KP called a showpony. He is clearly the world's most destructive, exciting batsman, is a pure winner, is rarely injured, loves playing for England as will make a fantastic, arrogant, winning captain in my opinion. I bet you wouldn't see him get out the way he did on 94 if he had the responsibility of captaining the side.

The only other man I can think of for the job would be Kent's Robert Key (who I hope gets another chance in the batting stakes anyway). I just hope they don't play it safe and go for Strauss. Flintoff may have been in with a shout but needs to concentrate on his own fitness and game without any other pressure.

Comment

Hes a show pony and not even English.

Comment

Working...
                                X