Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is,

if we lose the next test i won't have to waste any time over the xmas break catching up with what's going on out there.

I'd agree with the list above^^^. those four are the only ones who can hold their heads up, why Monty isn't bowling at the moment i don't know, he has done superbly in the matches leading up to this tour.

perhaps they are just giving the aussies a sporting chance and making the series interesting?

How much is a pack of drinking straws these days?????

Comment

Rumour over here is (I'm an Aussie) that Flintoff has buggered his ankle and will play no further part in the tour. I'm hoping it is just a rumour. You guys may not believe it but Freddy is pretty popular down here. Probably, he and Pieterson would be the only guys who could get a run in our side (Perhaps also Vaughn when fit).

I hope your fellas don't lose their enthusiasim for the series. Can't fell too bad about falling to the greatest leggie who ever lived.

Over here, Dunkun Fletcher is coping an absolute thrashing in the media. Is the same happening in England? There is also talk of Darren Lehman taking over the coaching duties once Fletcher's contract has expired. He will make a great coach one day and England would do well to snap him up.

Comment

Fletcher had some stick, but not loads as far as I'm aware, he's fairly good and dodging the blame (after all, he's had plenty of practice)

Strange news about Martyn retiring immediately

Comment

Cranky, has any of the Aussie media eaten humble pie over Collingwood? There was a bit of fuss made on Sky about headlines such as 'England's worst ever number 4' and the like; just wondering if the offending parties have had the decency and humility to say they were wrong

PS - Hussey not being picked til recently should be a national scandal over there, especially since simon katich was preferred. In Durham CCC, Hussey is seen as a demi-God; Katich is seen as an import.
          Last edited by prinnysquad; 08-12-2006, 14:12.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad
            Piss-poor.
            He couldn't hold a candle to Caddick and Gough, even Fraser.

Collingwood, Pieterson, Bell, Hoggard - four out of 11 to be relatively blameless.
            Bit harsh on Angus Fraser - he was a brilliant bowler, a steady, metronomic and most importantly accurate stalwart in out **** 90s teams.

Agree on the four you have chosen though, and would add Flintoff for his bowling.

I think that Read should be given an opportunity, along with Panesar. Sure, the next test pitch doesn;t suit the spin bowlers, but Giles has bowled like a drain and needs to step aside.

I cannot see us turning this series around though. The Aussies are simply too good for us at the moment. Ponting wants it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
              Bit harsh on Angus Fraser - he was a brilliant bowler, a steady, metronomic and most importantly accurate stalwart in out **** 90s teams.
              You're right. tbh it wasn't meant to come across like that. Fraser was an excellent bowler, a gem in the rough. It was a poorly frazed comment

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad
                Cranky, has any of the Aussie media eaten humble pie over Collingwood? There was a bit of fuss made on Sky about headlines such as 'England's worst ever number 4' and the like; just wondering if the offending parties have had the decency and humility to say they were wrong

PS - Hussey not being picked til recently should be a national scandal over there, especially since simon katich was preferred. In Durham CCC, Hussey is seen as a demi-God; Katich is seen as an import.
                I'm not really aware of too much negative press about Collingwood. He is certainly recognised over here as one of the finest fielders in the world. There was a comentator (can't recall who) who suggested that he is a boring batsman to watch but that's the only negative comment I can recall.

It was strange watching C'wood and Pieterson bat together in the first innings. You would have sworn that Pieterson was really giving the scoreboards attendants a workout while C'wood hardly made them move. When you have a look at their run rate though, C'wood's run rate was supperior. He seems to be one of those blokes who knocks the ones and twos around and just doesn't get noticed (well in that innings anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
                  I think that Read should be given an opportunity, along with Panesar.
                  It rather reminds me of the England footy team, everyone in the ****ing world knows they should get a chance except the twats who actually decide...

Giles hasn't bowled in a year, can anyone honestly justify his place in the squad right now?

Comment

Well, your lads have done well. Austrailia all out for 244. Panesar took 5 and Harmison 4.

Comment

Yep, good day, really pleased for Panesar - best way to stick two fingers up to the selectors dare I say an England win may actually now be a possibility ?

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind seeing England win this one. I'm from Melbourne and would love the match on boxing day played while the series is still alive.

Comment

whats going on England are going great guns! 34 for 0 in 4.3 overs mmmm accidents and waiting to happen spring to mind! calm it down a little boys!

Comment

36 for 1 OMG I am starting to worry!

Comment

37 for 2 bell last 2 balls! 25 mins to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by Spagoli; 14-12-2006, 08:57.

Comment

49-2 maybe the ships steadying....

Comment

Working...
                                X