No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume you probably know by now. But we needed 129 to win in our second innings, and we made it (just) by 3 wickets. Twas another tense ending to a great match.

Comment

well last the Test is underway, we won toss, batted first and are 115-3 at lunch, if it wasn't for bloody Warne we'd be well in front.

Comment

Warney needed eight wickets in this match in order to be the highest ever wicket taker against England, I believe. The way it is going right now, he will get those eight in this innings....

I hope we pull through - need to rack up at least 300 on this excellent batting track.

Comment

Only watching the score but it seems a little dodgy at the moment doesnt it. Petersons out now :/

Comment

****e

I hope it's pissing down tomorrow morning

Comment

another wicket gone already, now 325 - 8, we need to hold on till at least lunch, looking at weather forecast don't think much time will be lost due to rain this weekend

Comment

Oh dear.

Mind you, looks like the ball will do a bit more today - hopefully.

Comment

No problem - 50s each from Giles & Hoggard & we'll be laughing :|

Comment

not looking too good, good effort from our tail-enders, bu the Aussies are 79 - 0.

Just reading how Sky have exclusive rights to England Cricket games from 2006-2009, must be highlights on "normal" TV though, whiff of public interest and their in there with their wallet out...

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

From what I understand, they bought the rights way before th Ashes started. Channel 4 must be kicking themselves now that interest has increased in the game so much.

They also lost out by pre-selling the majority of the ad space - some companies got bargains!

Comment

Originally posted by Morcerf
                        From what I understand, they bought the rights way before th Ashes started. Channel 4 must be kicking themselves now that interest has increased in the game so much.

They also lost out by pre-selling the majority of the ad space - some companies got bargains!
                        That's true channel 4 weren't bothered at all about retaining the rights when the contract was up for renewal only now crickets popular everyone's up in arms about it if channel four were serious about cricket they wouldn't keep cutting away to horse racing. You do have to wonder if the public interest in cricket is high because were playing australia and next year it will go back to normal. Hope I'm wrong because I've enjoyed cricket overshadowing football for a change.

Comment

Australia taking the bad light? Crazy. Mind games, or something.

Comment

Strange decision that. Hasnt stopped them getting to 185-0 though. Doesnt look promising does it.

Comment

Again, the Aussies go off for bad light with 5 overs to spare. A sign of overconfidence perhaps?

Comment

They reckon they can get 550+ and then bowl England out and not have to bat again. Can't see it myself, all England have to do is stay in, forget about scoring runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X