Get yer cats out for the lads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like he has a little black beard

My kitten Obi got caught out the other day as he needed a toilet visit and was stuck indoors. Being the good boy he is he did his poop in the bath, may sound gross to some people but it's actually very handy as a bath is so much easier to clean than a carpet.
    So close to the toilet itself though....I wonder if he can learn to use it?

Comment

Wikipedia on cats has a proper funny pic of a cat using the toilet.

Comment

My old biology teacher had a cat that used the toilet. Didnt flush tho, the dirty little bugger

Comment

Had to take Obi to the vets last night as he was dribbling a lot. I know, it sounds very odd lol. He had been asleep on a T-shirt and it was soaked right through.
          Anyhoo, the vet checked him over and whilst there I remembered he had his flea treatment the night before and it turns out it was an allergic reaction to that particular brand. Frontline he has been fine with all year but this was Frontline Combo which makes all the difference as there is another chemical in there which cats can be allergic to so worth noting that down all you cat owners!

Comment

About 5 yrs ago a cat from next door used to visit us (mainly because the neighbours from next door used to live in our house & they kept shutting him out).
            1 day he came thru the catflap & settled down on our couch, as usual. Then during the night we heard this banging noise by the wardrobe. Turned the light on & found the cat was banging his head against the wardrobe fitting, & was foaming at the mouth.
            We phoned the vets & took him down (it was about 3am) to be checked over. I noticed a huge clear greasy patch on the top of his spine, so I mentioned it to the vet. They said they'd check it & keep him in overnight.
            Turned out that the cats owners had put a dogs dose of Bob Martin Spot On (which is not a medically recommended product) on him & didnt even put it in the right place so he managed to get to it while cleaning himself & was nearly poisoned.

The cat recovered fine after a few days & we let the neighbours know, who said they'd pay all the vets costs, but we said we'd go halvers with them over the cost. They never paid us a penny. No wonder the cat wanted to stay with us. They didnt give a **** about him. Chav c*nts!!

Comment

Okay, sad b*stard alert! As I've admitted, sorry, 'mentioned' before, here's just some of the cats that I've snapped while out n about:

1,2 & 8 are from a local vets.
              3 to 6 are cats I've bumped into on my night walks.
              7 is a cat named Mona who lives in a Stained Glassworks & pops out of a little gap in the door when u call her.
              9 to 11 are again cats I've seen out at night.
              12 is a lovely if a little nervous/scatty cat called Chloe owned by a Chinese lady who lives a few doors away from my mum.
              13 is Chloe again watching her 'enemy' above - another w&b cat from the area who Chloe is not keen on.
              14 to 19 - MORE cats I've seen on my travels!
              20/21 is Geoff - mine/my ex's cat. As you can see he's a southpaw when playing games just like me!!
              22 is a stray cat who hangs around a mates house chomping/rubbing on the catgrass outside.
              23 is Lily - mine/my ex's other cat. She's only got 1 eye but cute as a button.
              24 Speaking of buttons, well err, this is Buttons my bro's cat
              25 is Lottie my Bro's other cat
              26 is my boy Amber, who sadly passed away last yr & who I still miss like hell to this very day. RIP my lad xxx.

Comment

That was a sad story about the neighbours cat Can't believe they put a dog treatment on a cat, how stupid is that? When I was at the vets the woman made sure I definitely put cat Frontline on Obi rather than a dog one.
                When we first put the stuff on Obi when we first got him he managed to twist round and lick it (I guess they are more flexible that young) and he foamed at the mouth but it was only for a few minutes, no where near as bad as in that story!

Awesome pics of the cats too. Sorry to hear you lost Amber, he is actually the cutest one there.

Comment

Don't think I have posted up these pics before so apologies if I have.

Recent pic of Obi

And again, being shameful with his Apple products

The not so little Rusty. Poor guy only lived for a year but he was HUGE and a big personality we all miss

Simba, the predecessor to Rusty. Had a good 15 years and was super friendly, even with one of ears shrunk to half size lol.

Finally the mighty Rosco who passed away last year. I miss him a lot but I think Obi is doing a good job of filling in his place.

Comment

Fader, all you're cats are amazing!! . RIP to those that have passed away.
                    I love all cats but got a real soft spot for black one's, so Obi is a stunner

Did Simba lose half his ear due to cancer? I ask because light haired cats (white, ginger) have paler skin & are more prone to sunburn on their nose & ears. Used to put this specially made sunscreen for cats on my Ambers ears & nose when he went out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                      Finally the mighty Rosco who passed away last year. I miss him a lot but I think Obi is doing a good job of filling in his place.
                      Rosco?s a beaut. ;p

Might be mistaken for a tiger judging by the size of those paws. :O

Comment

Yeah Fader, your cats (a|we)re awesome. That Rusty was soooooooo fluffy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                          Fader, all you're cats are amazing!! . RIP to those that have passed away.
                          I love all cats but got a real soft spot for black one's, so Obi is a stunner

Did Simba lose half his ear due to cancer? I ask because light haired cats (white, ginger) have paler skin & are more prone to sunburn on their nose & ears. Used to put this specially made sunscreen for cats on my Ambers ears & nose when he went out.
                          I have no idea how Simba lost that half an ear lol. Happened around when he was 7 I would guess, the ear went all puffed up and was hurting him every now and then so we took him to the vets as it didn't sort itself out where they drained it and he was fine ever since. Could may have been a bad bee sting or something?

I never knew about the sunburn thing! Only had ginger cats for 27 years now too...haha. Must be a pain putting the sun cream on every time as they do like to pop in and out as and when they please.
                          Weirdly with the cancer thing, both Simba and Rosco had a tumour in their belly in their final year. Neither cat had seen the other (one at Mums house and the other at Dads), both had different symptoms and happened within 6 months of each other.

I'll have to post up a video of Obi for you as he likes to play fetch with rolled up bags and it's super cute!

Kit - Rosco really was an amazing cat. Little bit wary around strangers as he was part feral (born on a farm) but he sure kept the bird and rodent numbers down around our close! If you check out his fur you can see where the sun had bleached it brown
                          He would also recognise my car and come to greet me outside and if I walked to the chip shop he would follow me

Kryss - Rusty was a beast. He was only 6 months old in that photo...I'm guessing he had a bit of breed in the mix there as his coat was so thick and he was muscled too.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

my kitten
                            Just bumping this video as I re-discovered it and it made me laugh. Meeeow!

Comment

Nice pics Fader, that's a fantastic collection of cats

I had my lunch interrupted today by Oscar bringing in another of his "presents". Not content with mice, rats, frogs, birds (including large pigeons and magpies) he has now added squirrels to his repertoire! Nothing is safe... somewhere out there.... he's watching you!

Comment

Ha ha Oscar is a right little hunter!!

He's a beaut too. Lovely eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X