Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally we got an DSLR (A cheap one, but our first Digital SLR) to replace the old EOS 50d, and in keeping with the self portrait theme, here is my first test shot, with some paint.net manipulation!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some shots of interest in the coming months!

Large

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
      Finally we got an DSLR (A cheap one, but our first Digital SLR) to replace the old EOS 50d, and in keeping with the self portrait theme, here is my first test shot, with some paint.net manipulation!

Hopefully I'll be able to post some shots of interest in the coming months!
      Nice one - what did you go for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Garf View Post
        Nice one - what did you go for ?
        Doh, should have said. We went for the Eos 450 D. I know it's a basic model, but it seemed to offer a lot for the money at the bottom end of the market.

Primarily we need it for family photos, so I think it will do the trick.

I'd love a professional level camera, but feel happy to finally have a DSLR! The move from SLR to Compact Digital was awful.

Comment

Nowt wrong with a budget\basic DSLR - I've had a Nikon D40 for the last 18 months or so, and love it - can't get much more basic than the D40

Comment

Method, those first three landscapes are lovely.

Some landscapes from my winter break:

Comment

Cheers guys, much appreciated

Comment

Love that fourth one Method, making me want to go on holiday real bad tho...

Here is one from Christmas day round at my folks, I'm hoping these sorts of 'no flash' shots will be better once I start using the tripod I got as a pressie from my girlfriend...thats my sister in the picture eagerly looking at the clock.

Going to make it a new years resolution to step up my photography (or at least try)...

Comment

Magnakai - love that last shot there dude!
                  Method - Great shots mate, you obviously have an eye for a good photo, hope to see more of your stuff on here soon
                  Spags - nice festive photo there, just be mindful of your surroundings as it would have been nice to have got the whole (green) frame of the entrance to the dining room in the shot. And yes, please post here more too!

Here some shots of mine from a gig just before Chrimbo - the band is called All The Mouth Parts and they are excellent:

Some more here

Comment

Hey guys,

It's been a while...

Comment

Nice to see you back TommyG, great winter scenes there!! Real contrast to your last batch of yogic sun worshippers...

Comment

Great shots Tommy. One of NY resolutions is to make the most of my free time and take more photos. My wife was at work this morning so I took the opportunity to take my camera and new Gorrilapod down the local woods behind my house.

I'm really pleased with some of the photos, its been a while since I shot something that isn't a portrait.

Comment

Love the robin pics, the colour of the wire and the bokeh in the second one is wonderful.

Couple from Leigh today, walked back along the front after breakfast - tide was waaaaaay out.

Comment

Tommy - those are some very wintery shots - nice..

Herbalizer - Agree with Spags - the shot of the Robin and the wire is lovely.

Spags - good stuff - like the shot of the house - nice contrast of colours there.

Went for an early morning walk today - was minus 6 when I got out of the car...

Comment

great shots everyone.

Love Garf's shot of the hut in the middle of nowhere - horizon looks slightly off, but the depth of field is perfect.

Love the shots of the robin, the colours in the wire one are great.

Spags great textures in your last shots

Dan love the guitar picture with the drums in blue in the background - great colour.

Tommy I love the winter scenes I would say they could do with a little more contrast just to make them really 'pop'. My favorite is the last with the two magpies even though its a little soft.

Got some winter shots of my own from my week off. To be fair its incredibly easy when the scenes and light are this pretty:

Comment

Those are fantastic winky, especially 1, 2 & 4.

Some of what I've shot recently:

Another night project shot:

And 3 from when I stole my old mans 5D mkII:

Comment

Working...
                                X