No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol oops Thought it was one of the two! Thanks for pointing it out! Not a fan obviously! lol!

Still dont like the geezer though! All THAT HAIR! >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
      I went the wrong way and got lost on my travels, and ended up in Downton and all these little villages out that way. Had to virtually drive all the way to Salisbury to get turned facing the right direction again. Lovely countryside, mind. Didn't see any crap celebrities tho.
      Ah, that's a fair trek from where I live. 50 or so miles.

You have to be within a 10 mile radius of myself for real celeb action. Honest.

And to add another.. John Thaw's widow lives just down the road.
      Last edited by k0pp0; 21-08-2007, 12:53. Reason: typo's in tha house

Comment

I once met Jimmy Krankie after a gig in Wick (exotic) but I was confused as to why he was wearing a permed wig.

A friend on work got hit on by Jude Law.

As for celeb spotting, the best was probably when we flew out to NY to get married. We had to fly from Edinburgh to London first and as it was the morning after the MTV Awards, there were quite a few interesting people on our plane. I think the standout one was Meg White who was actually very attractive in the flesh.

My wife's gran treated John Lennon and Yoko Ono after they were in a minor car crash in the Highlands. She got some signed LPs which were duly binned, but I think there's pictorial evidence of the meeting.

Comment

Got some more, my natural father (nutjob dont see him) met one of the krays in prison when he used to be a boxer and also Jimmy Savile and him what used to do the Brut 33 adverts (him what won loads of belts what I cant remember) and all the group (Mik Duffey) what became Frank Wharren promotions. He beat Alan Minter what went on to become a champion and got knocked out once by Conte (also went on to be campion). He was susposed to go fight for the commenwealth in I think it was 1971 http://www.abae.co.uk/2006/roll/1970...?mode=graphics

(2yrs before I was born) but he got into a fight in Hull and it ended his career after getting his hand put thru a window. Still didnt stop him beating the crap out of me and my mum though till we got rid of him when I was 15

My m8 Steve used to spar with Henry Wharton in York (and Steve was a featherweight!) and our landlord/mums schoolfriend when I was little used to be the drummer for Bowie in the 60s (my mum met Bowie back then and Mik Jagger as they used to hang around together). My parents met Hot Chocolate the night their first number 1 got on Top of the pops as they where stood outside Driffield electrical store watching it (noone had tellys then) on their way back from Bridlington Spa (all groups used to play their).

Comment

I've played tennis against former Crackhead Villa Goal Keeper Mark Bosnich!

Also been hit over the head by the Mallet of Timmy Mallet when i was about 5 at Curves fitness centre in west bromwich high street.

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Jimmy Carr was on my flight to Las Vegas on Christmas Day! Got on the plane right before I did too.

Comment

I got a jacket thrown over me by John Nettles (Midsummer Murders actor) when he was in Pantomine in Cardiff back in the late 80s.

I once served someone from the Stereophonics when I worked in Argos in Cardiff city centre. I had no idea who he was.

The wife once walked past Lucy Liu in Shinjuku, she looked afraid that my wife had recognised her and was about to make a fuss. The wife just kept walking.

A guy I work with is in Tudor Lodge, a progressive folk group from the 60s.

An ex-underling at work claimed to have been getting his hair cut at the same shop as Chiaki Kuriyama (Battle Royale, Kill Bill vol1) once in Abiko city, Chiba pref. She lives in Tsuchiura, Ibaraki.

My dad went to the same school as Ian McShane.

Comment

I saw Portsmouth flop David Nugent in Tescos the other day, i pointed at him and exclaimed "DAVID NUGENT" like he was in a freak side show, then promptly ran into the next isle, my girlfriend was so embarrassed at my actions, i thought it was hilarious.

Comment

i err was randomly approached in a bar over xmas by some dude, we had a random conversation about him and his life in Norway, he even brought me a drink lol! He was married btw, and im not that way inclined in case you was wondering, he was with his family (all guys out on the lash) his buddies were perving at my lady friend which was err unsettling, so i told him to get his own and leave the blonde bombshell to me anyways its only towards the end of teh night that i found out he was a footballer lol, and he plays in Norway for some team and his brother was non other than Jean ana Risse (who plays for Liverpool FC) not that i particularly cared but was funny all the same. Im not really a football fan so it means very little to me. But another friend who is an avid fan was made up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Cousin View Post
                      Jimmy Carr was on my flight to Las Vegas on Christmas Day! Got on the plane right before I did too.
                      I'm sorry

Comment

i was watching my idiot friends of the time smashing up a car that had been abandoned in a field, some guy stopped and started shouting at them because he was worried that kids might step on the glass. (it was near a playground) turned out to be phil selway from radiohead. talked to him a bit after and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Comment

Was watchin that Convention Crasher last night when my wife casually dropped the bombshell that my stepson is related to Keith Harris (off of Orville). Needed a stiff drink after that.

Comment

my mate izy D is related to 50 cent and he gets lots of white woman after him

Comment

That doesn't sound lame at all though. Being related to Fiddy and getting lots of fanny sounds pretty good to me. Better than being related (via wedlock) to a desperate, sorry man with an anthropomorphic giant green talking bird.

Comment

A few weeks ago I was at a wedding along with the drummer from Coldplay.

My gf spilt a pint on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X