No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Rory McGrath filling his car with petrol at my local Tesco.

My brother used to work in a beach shop about 12 or so years ago. One day he served the singer from James. Right surly git he was, apparantly.

My sister in law once refused Phil off Eastenders entry into the nightclub she was managing because he was wearing jeans.

Comment

i saw Ross Kemp the other day in his car at traffic lights, as i pulled up next to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
        I shared a lift with Stewart Lee of Lee & Herring, I asked him where Richard was and he was like "Dunno".
        this makes me laugh...

Comment

When Segaworld in the Trocadero in London was still open, a friend and I saw Gianfranco Zola giving his all one one of those whack-a-mole machines. My mate got him to sign a serviette. He looked flustered.

Comment

Met roy walker in carnaby street with his wife shook his hand and said...right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Met dave prowse aka vader at nec and asked him if he needed a blast on my inhaler!

Nearly got grabbed by hacksaw jim duggan at show for doing piss take muscle poses while he was talkin.

Asked faceman where b.a. was at nec movie memorabilia show when he said I dont know..I said crazy foolll

My mate upset a klingon by shouting..ha ha look its snickerhead!

Oh and told craig charles that he had a nasty habit ie smoking and apparently he's now quit

Lastly my fav my sister used to live in a caravan next to fred west's childhood home in much marcle

Comment

Someone who used to be on Hollyoaks was going to move into a flat 2 doors down from mine, but didn't.

Comment

Once went on a night out with the girl who plays donna windsor in emmerdale (a friend of mine did bit-parts and they were friends), anyway somebody nicked her handbag and when we found it there was nothing left in it but a pair of dirty knickers.

i often see the guy who plays bombhead in hollyoaks around town, and served him a few times when i worked in a shop in bradford.

and i often see bradford bulls' players in my local, that vinocola (sp?) is a knobhead (just don't tell him i said that, he's much bigger than me!)

Comment

Bombhead from Hollyoaks shops in my local tesco store

My sister went on pop idol, and called simon cowell a c*unt after he dissed her

i once saw fred talbot enter a shop in Blackburn

Comment

Some of these aren't lame enough for my liking.

Anyway, I once shared a bar (but didn't talk to) Janette Tough/Wee Jimmy Krankie. It was in a ****ty Irish theme bar (I was a good customer, it being very near to my work at the time) in Bournemouth. I was pissed up on the booze and all like and I don't think anybody believed me, but it was her/him. I'd had a few, went for a piss (washed my hands, like any decent human being would), but when I returned (s)he had gone.

Not long after (s)he had that nasty fall, nothing to do with me my Lord.

Comment

Ally from Hollyoaks goes to my Uni. I walked passed him once without realising.

Comment

Ages ago before she was as famous as she is now i intentionally pressed my chest into Jennifer Ellisons breast in a crowded club, she didnt seem to mind or care. But damn did it feel good.

Comment

i feel i may have to drop out of this forum soon, as i have "sold out", as my lame to fame's turn into claim to fame's, which happened today at Burger King's in Euston.....

I have seen Jo Whiley, (radio 1 presenter) many times, never spoke to her, then today i broke the rule of lame, by obtaining her autograph, and having a picture taken with her....

Also today... whilst down in london, prior to this run-in, i was in Westminister, with the local MP for Milton Keynes, discussing homeless issues etc, for her to put forward to Mr Blair....WELL, i thought "now i have a new lame to fame with the PM", until, i actually was invited to sit in the gallery of the chamber, and witness the man himself, having a row with non other, than the silver haired, IAN PAISLEY....god i feel good

so im afraid, for this moment in time, i am now a sell-out

Comment

I've got loads (probably all crap) and know people who know people too.

I've met Terry Pratchett (The author) several times and once he even commented on my ring.............. (Not that kind you sick bastards! )

I've seen that guy from Blakes 7 - The main one?! No idea what his name is.

I saw Gabby Roslin whilst up in London.

Many of my sightings etc come from my time working in HMV.

Saw Richard Bacon several times - sometimes with Konnie from Blue Peter (do I get a multiplier bonus for that?!). Once I actually served him and he gave me a filthy look when I did my job and checked the signature on his credit card. I was actually looking for Coke stains but oh well!

Nigel from Eastenders came in once

Amy Studt (Singer bint- long gone) attempted to chat me up whilst in the presence of her boyfriend - smooth operator that one!

Most of a **** band called the All Stars used to visit us to get their own singles.... One of them is in Hollyoaks now - Darren or something? The funniest story of that lot being one of the girls asked my mate there for a song, and sung how it went to him - he oblivious to her fame proceeded to tell her that she was 'Really good and that she should be a singer' She gave him a confused look and just left!

Sara Cawood came in once, but I missed seeing her - gutted at that.

Random Family Affairs bird was in once

I chatted up some CBBC presenter bird (Sophie something I think?!) without realising who she was until a few days later.

I saw Angelica from CBBC going to my local Station.

Twat from Busted used to come in all the time.

Dom from Dick and Dom is always seen where I live - goes out (well used to last I saw) with a girl from the aforementioned **** band All Stars. He is a miserable bastard though - every time people recognise him he mopes and leaves shops etc.

My GF saw Dick (from above show - completes the set) - served him in HMV and shouted 'Bogies' to him as he was leaving - He didn't look too impressed

My GF's Uncle (sure that's right) is the guy from the class R Whites - I'm a secret Lemonade drinker adverts

Some of my mates were extras in Shaun of the Dead, though not all of them made the final cut. One of my mates however did make it for sure, and got his head in the movie poster!

That big haired Welsh guy from the Sterophonics came into HMV too (Cable something?!) before they booted him!

Sure there is more will update when I remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction

Some of my mates were extras in Shaun of the Dead, though not all of them made the final cut. One of my mates however did make it for sure, and got his head in the movie poster!
                              Excellente!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                                Darwock, is this you?

(believe it or not that was one of the first images that came up when I Google searched Jerry Doyle. Scary coinkey dink )
                                Bloody hell, he must have a thing for offensive gestures!

Comment

Working...
                                X