No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the Grumbleweeds used to live just round the corner from me.

Also I once managed to grab one of the records that Take That kindly distributed into the audience - I threw it back 'frisbee-style' and it hit Robbie Williams on the head.

Comment

Mo Mowlams mum lived on the same road as me before we moved.

My mum used to work in a bank, and reguarly served one of the dudes from "The Specials".

I think everyone from Coventry who gets famous must leave real fast!
      Last edited by supersmithy; 08-08-2006, 08:28.

Comment

Just spotted this cheeky one posted by parkinho in another thread:

"LOL, don't diss Jeff Brown! He is the guy on the mic every matchday at Turf Moor, and he used to go out with my gf's cousin.

YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE!"

Quality.

Comment

Went to school with the lead singer/ guitarist Will Briggs, who was in the band Llama Farmers... also very good mates with the guy who the band based their name on.
          I also knew the girl who had her navel photographed in one of their album sleeves.

Saw Alex Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers player) in a supermarket. I said hello, and even advised him on a purchase. A strange moment that.

I know a workmate who recently went holidaying in Hong Kong, and who should he bump into... none other than Chris Martin from Coldplay. Just so happens Coldplay were playing in Hong Kong and the git got free tickets.

Walked past Julian Joachim as he exited our local newsagent.

My brother was good friends with the ex-Leicester player Matt Piper.

Comment

I am in Coepoeth at the moment looking after my dad's house while he is on holiday and using it as a base to explore Wales.
            Anyway, this reminded me of the first house my dad looked at when looking to move here. It was owned by chubby actor Ricky Tomlinson, my Dad didn't buy it as it needed too much work doing on it.

Comment

Heh, seeing the zoolander pic reminds me.
              At the beginning of the film there is owen wilson yoyoing ( well you see hands ) anyways, the guy doing the yoyoing used to send me yoyos as i did some demo work for the company he works for.

used to play street fighter and quake ( online ) with joe eigo (www.multilevelmoves.com ) and he is on jackie chans stunt team

also met everyone from blue peter ( got to sit in the dressing room with connie )
              Matt from the show managed to smash my yoyo. nice one.
              and their new presenter Gethan, Worked with him Live when he did the welsh show Uned 5, or whatever its called.

Comment

I'm sure I've posted this before, but when I was about 5....

My nans brother is Engelbert Humperdink. We all were at a Xmas party at his gaff in Leicester around 1984/5 and Freddie Starr was there. Apparently I walked up to him, said 'I don't like you' and kicked him in the shins, which resulted in him chasing me round the house.

Comment

ok heres a few getting more tenuous...

my sister works behind the scenes of doctor who, controlling daleks, renting dodgy colored smartcars etc

same sister got a drink bought for her by David Walliams recently (not sure how i feel about this one!)

The friend of a mate in uni has dated Imogen off of big brother.

My childhood friend's mother tested Gladiator Wolf's eyes.

My college friend's dad was Keanu's agent back in Canada around the Bill and Ted era.

Comment

Just found out my parents used to drink in the same working men's club as the midget from Willow

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD
                      Just found out my parents used to drink in the same working men's club as the midget from Willow
                      Which one?

Comment

My cousin nannies for a guy who runs a private jet company. Last time I saw her they were off to America for the New Year and Arnold Swarzenegger was hitching a lift with them.

And she\'s been to Terri Hatchers house...

Comment

I met Jet the Gladiator when she opened a carpet shop in her hometown of Farnham. Which is also my hometowm.

Lots of makeup.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD

Classic.

Comment

I went to see Airbus Uk V The New Saints (used to be Total Network Solutions) on Friday and I spent the entire second half stood next to former Manchester United and Welsh legend Clayton Blackmore, he's now manger of Bangor City.

Comment

Just found out that the TV in our lounge actually used to belong to the woman Gary Lineker is shagging.

Comment

Working...
                                X