No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember some BNP ****er who came to my primary school to give a talk about Burnley. This was before racists were massive around here.

Comment

LOL got a good one folks. The random bloke who I sold my consolized Neo Geo MVS set up to, well, his son is a contestant on "Grease is The Word" on ITV, and got voted through to "boot camp" on Saturday's show! Lolz

Comment

Following on from my last post, I ended up trading my MVS for a 360 with said bloke, whose name is Ian Bayne. His son, Danny Bayne, won Grease is The Word, and probably might have played on my 360 at some point. Beat that claim to fame, eh?

In your face, forum.

Comment

Two mates from my college years tour with Ray Wilson (Stiltskin / Genesis singer) and are in the current Stiltskin lineup. Lucky basts!!!
          Another bloke from my year plays keyboards with Runrig...
          My friend claims her aunt used to go out with Paul Weller and he has a huge nob...
          My dad used to work with the father of the guitarist in Coldplay...

Clutching straws here... I'm good mates with James Martin and Gordon Ramsay. One's a postman and the other an architect

What a great thread

Comment

I saw Jodie Kidd having her picture taken while sitting on the bonnet of a blue Ferrari 575 in Guildford.

I have also walked past Bjork on Charing Cross Road.

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979 View Post
              Kriss Akabusi came to my junior school to promote some circuit training thing.
              My sister's seen him too, on a school trip to Haworth I think.

Me and a friend once got into a slagging match with Lily Allen in Camden Lock... She called me a dick

Comment

My mate's mum used to work at a school and one day I gave him my Monty Python's Contractual Obligation LP to give to his mum because Terry Jones was coming to the school at which she worked and she got it signed for me - tenuous...me? Never

Met Brian Blessed at Cats when it first opened years ago

Saw Hulk Hogan coming out of the Chicago Hilton once when I were lad living stateside

When I was in America, I was at the same school that Bill Murray once went to

Jo Brand used to go to the Girls Grammar in my home town (in the UK)

I once met Damon Albarn after a crafty hush hush Blur gig at Goldsmiths University

My bands over the years have supported the likes of Cud, Dub War, Salad, Star 69

(I'm really reaching now so I'll stop, besides I'm sure I've mentioned most of these on here already )

Comment

I remember a rather forlorn-looking David Seaman looking down at me from the escalator when I worked at John Lewis two years ago. It was the end of a customer appreciation night too (he was leaving empty handed).

Comment

The bassist from Aztec Camera, the drummer from The Proclaimers and the drummer from The Sensational Alex Harvey Band are lecturers at my college.
                    And Jim McCluskey from The Bluebells loves the band I'm in. Oh yes.

YOOOOOOOUNG AT HEART

Comment

I met Cameron Diaz a few weeks ago whilst in China

Comment

What the hell is this? Met Cameron Diaz? Not crap enough a celebrity, and you actually met her! Now, if you'd have said "picked up Bonnie Langford's used tampon off a dodgy toilet floor in Tsinghua", then.. er..

Comment

That's not the mental image I am looking for at 7.30 in the morning.

One of governors at school is well in with West Ham United and when Graham Gooch was the mystery guest on Question of Sport he recreated that Di Canio volley he scored for them. My mate was one of the extras who was prenteding to be a West Ham player.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                            That's not the mental image I am looking for at 7.30 in the morning.

One of governors at school is well in with West Ham United and when Graham Gooch was the mystery guest on Question of Sport he recreated that Di Canio volley he scored for them. My mate was one of the extras who was prenteding to be a West Ham player.

lolz quality!

Comment

I once saw the indian from the Village people getting a subway in Leeds. He got the tuna melt special.

Thought a meat feast would of been more his thing!

Comment

Steve Brookstein, former X-Factor champion this saturday at P&S train station....shook his hand hoped he was doing alrite then i told him ive gotta rush for the train.....i didnt at all hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X