LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian2k5
    Met roy walker in carnaby street with his wife shook his hand and said...right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not mine, but on a similar note - an ex-colleague went on some ****ty holiday to some outer hebridean dive. When they went into the only local pub, Roy Walker was in there and completely legless - he apparently produced huge pocketfuls of coppers and loose change at the bar but spilled them all over the floor.

Which has reminded me, when I was in Santa Ponsa on holiday eating at a restaurant, Shane Ritchie came up and perused the menu, then noticed us noticing him, gave a scowl and scarpered.

Comment

When I was 18, I worked in a pub in Sheffield. Anyway after work we went to a club night called Vanity Park. My boss at work was mates with the promoter, and lo and behold what task did his mate bestow upon us....... Only "looking after" Spider from corrie. Stupid thing was we couldn't even manage that and managed to misplace him for a few hours.

Comment

Felt the need to resurrect this thread due to a classic lamer that has come to light!!

Apparently, my mother in law used to be a cleaner at the home of the mother in law of the woman that Gary Lineker has been banging since his divorce!

Comment

I've got a couple of new ones, I went go-karting for a mate's stag-do, and we were not able to start on time because the track was being used by a bunch of children under the supervision of Carol Smillie (she was hanging around trackside). At the wedding itself Shereen Nanjiani was one of the guests (unfortunately no sign of Jim Delahunt for the matching pair of rhyming slangs)

Comment

Back in 1997 I was walking past the Birmingham International Convention Centre and the guy from Desmonds on CH4 walked up to me on Broad Street (I think he was called Porkpie in the programme) smiled at me and shook my hand and carried on walking into the frosty winter night! (me thinks he was slightly pissed lol)...

My best mate from my university days - his cousin is the drummer from Cornershop (Brimful of Asha an' all that)...

Also saw Nigel Havers looking slightly flustered but still suave walking past me near the Central Library in Birmingham...

My wife's great grandad - on her mum's side sold the recipe for Coca Cola for a pittance To Mr Coca Cola company - THE BLEEDIN EEJIT!

Comment

When I was in the Army I was an extra for the BBC drama series Red Caps - basically me and a bunch of blokes got out of whatever god-awful training or fatigues were on that day by volunteering to march around a parade square in that 'evil henchmen's running goons' fashion. Should have seen our tongues when the decidedly smackable ass of Tamzin Outhwaite waggled onto the set in those gooch-huggin' jeans that were fashionable a couple of years back

Comment

Old but thought I'd share mine.

My sister used to babysit for ex 1970's Man City player Francis Lee's son Gary, whom I used to go to junior shcool with.

Whilst we all went to places like Blackpool for our holidays 'Gary' would tell us with some pride that they would go to exotic places like Cyprus for theirs.

Franny would quite often ask my sister if she would like an autograph but she always refused citing the reason as being a United fan - hah!

Talking of ex City players, Paul Moulden has a chippie just a few doors down and very good it is too.

Still on footy, my brother in law was town team and county team manager plus something to do with the England boys team as he was also a member of the ESFA.
                Used to sit in the Royal Box at Wembley for the boys games and would also spend lots of time with local clubs as some of his boys would be taken on by the likes of Man U, City, Oldham, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton etc.
                Had particularly close contacts with Man U and would get free tickets to most of the games, sometimes taking me along where we would have drinks at Old Trafford at the youth develpoment officers office which is located next to SAF's.

Knows loads of great 'inside' stories from the business and has rubbed shoulders with lots of the personalities in the game. The aforementioed Moulden and the likes of Giggs were in teams he has managed, has also got shed loads of memorabilia including the penant given the the England team when the played Brazil at the Maracana and Barnes scored his wonder goal.

Comment

I told adam rickett he was a jumped up little prick who would be a nobody within a year.

Comment

He's a Tory politician now I believe, so your statement is true.

Comment

Goal. Open. How could anyone resist?

Comment

Comment

Sorry for being a non-tellywatching hippy but who the **** is Adam Rickett?

Comment

Blonde haired pseudo-homosexual popstrel.

In a Camden pub, a reasonably well known model tried to hit on me but the contingency of catching some nasty STD scared me away.

Comment

Who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
                                Who was it?

. The prospect of doing Stiller/Zoolander would have been far less frightening. It was a woman of a few years with a propensity for slightly sickly looking wide-eyed lads.....I say no more, for fear of the memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X