No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be a cracking fight and yes unless Froch really ups his game is Groves title for the losing really.

Comment

I'm hoping for froch win.
      I think he underestimated groves first time and was a bit under prepared, I don't think he'll make the same mistake again.
      Should be a great fight, groves got a lot of respect after their first fight

Comment

Good 8th round knock-out by Froch. He was in control until round 7 after a good round by Groves. Then Froch put an end to it before Groves came back. Did Nottingham proud.

Comment

Froch is ace. He deserves massive credit.

Comment

Froch really outwitted Groves tonight and his vast experience paid off massively, fantastic knock out, I don't think anyone would have recovered from that punch. Least it's settle once and for all and he can move on now.

Comment

I had Froch 1 round ahead going into the 8th. He started coming forward more in that round and although groves was shading the round he seemed more hurt than Froch just like in the first fight. This time though the stoppage was without question and Froch overall was much better than in the 1st fight.

Comment

Incredible atmosphere and event at Wembley and great to see Boxing back on the big stage in Britain.
                Being a Groves fan I was gutted when he got KO'd.
                All credit to Carl, no excuses he was the better man.
                I had Groves ahead until the knockout.

Whilst the first match up was a fight, this one was a fascinating boxing chess match.
                Groves saying he was gonna do a Hagler Hearns was a bluff and they were both clearly playing the long game.

Hope Groves can come back and be a world champion one day.
                Sounds like it's Vegas or bust for the Cobra, one last fight probably against Chavez, although it would be great to see him against GGG. How about the Kevin Mitchell fight at Wembley, what a comeback.

Comment

Bumpty bump, always great to see World Championship boxing on free to air channels and what a great fight last night between GGG and Murray.

Result spoilered

GGG was just fantastic, can't knock Murray's heart and balls but just wasn't to be, can see why GGG has stopped his last 19 opponents, can't wait to see what/who he does next

Comment

I would imagine that GGG would probably have to move up to 168. I can't imagine that anybody (never mind the other belt holders) at 160 would want anything to do with him after that display against Murray last night.

He was effectively walking through Murray's best shots from 3rd/4th round onwards. I have my doubts as to whether he'd be able to do that against naturally bigger and stronger guys like Arthur Abraham and/or Andre Dirrell at 168. GGG, for all his obvious ability and power, looks like he can be easily hit.

It's just a shame that Andre Ward doesn't look like he's lacing on a pair of gloves again anytime soon, because I think he'd take GGG on points at 168.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-02-2015, 09:13.

Comment

Wards dispute with his promoters is sorted now but don't know if he's in shape to fight soon. Cotto v GGG would be good but you're right Cotto doesn't seem to interested in fighting him.

Comment

Let's get real about this - GGG would wreck Cotto at 160. It wouldn't go eleven rounds.

I'd be surprised if Cotto hasn't put out a restraining order against GGG at this point, tbh.

Comment

Saul Alvarez moving up to face Golovkin would be a good fight. Other than that i think it would be best if he moved upto 168 and yeah if Ward was still active he'd give Golovkin a boxing lesson.

Comment

Predictions for the fight this coming weekend gents? As much as I want to see a Pacquiao win, I can see it going to points and Mayweather winning.
                            Can be sure there will be a rematch if it's remotely close, too much money for there not to be one.

Hope Fury gets to fight W Klitschko later this year, time to put up or shut up, feel Fury will be tought a harsh lesson though.

Comment

Pacquiao was made to look average by Mayweather. A real masterclass from Floyd.

Shame it didn't happen five years earlier (something BOTH camps are to blame for) - maybe Manny would've had more speed/stamina/work-rate to trouble Floyd.

Comment

Interesting.

The way I heard it, Mayweather managed a win on points despite walking backwards the entire fight!

Comment

Working...
                                X