Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
    This ain't true dude.

Manny agreed to taking less of a pay day than Floyd, and Floyd still insisted on ridiculous random blood testing all the way through Manny's training camp, right up to fight night which Manny initially said no to. Later, Manny agreed to Floyd's ridiculous blood testing demands and taking less money than Floyd, but by this point Floyd was once again making excuses as to why he does not need to fight Manny. Again recently Manny has said 'I am willing to fight him'.
    It really is true dude.

Agree with you about Floyd's ridiculous testing demands, but nothing changes the fact that Manny (with the help of Bob Arum, who also has an axe to grind over the way Floyd left his promotion stable) went off and fought Marquez FOUR times and is talking about fighting him a fifth time. Really?

They are both to blame for the fight not happening 2-3 years ago, but it's all too easy to blame Floyd and accuse him of dodging - something that regularly occurs when people really don't want to accept that Floyd is prime HOF material because they dislike his "Money" persona.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      It really is true dude.

Agree with you about Floyd's ridiculous testing demands, but nothing changes the fact that Manny (with the help of Bob Arum, who also has an axe to grind over the way Floyd left his promotion stable) went off and fought Marquez FOUR times and is talking about fighting him a fifth time. Really?

They are both to blame for the fight not happening 2-3 years ago, but it's all too easy to blame Floyd and accuse him of dodging - something that regularly occurs when people really don't want to accept that Floyd is prime HOF material because they dislike his "Money" persona.
      Floyd is a genius boxer and HOF material yes, but that does not change the fact that in years to come, if he retires without fighting Manny it will always be held against him. Manny is willing, Floyd is still ducking him, he always has been.

After Pac v Marquez 4, after Manny got KO'd, Floyd then took that oppurtunity to use that as an excuse. But he calls himself Money, well this fight would make more money then any fight in history, AND it would help the people of the Philippines.

Manny is willing, Floyd still will not sign on, plus he has contradicted himself in the past.
      Watch these videos-

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Floyd is a genius boxer and HOF material yes, but that does not change the fact that in years to come, if he retires without fighting Manny it will always be held against him. Manny is willing, Floyd is still ducking him, he always has been.

After Pac v Marquez 4, after Manny got KO'd, Floyd then took that oppurtunity to use that as an excuse. But he calls himself Money, well this fight would make more money then any fight in history, AND it would help the people of the Philippines.

Manny is willing, Floyd still will not sign on, plus he has contradicted himself in the past.
        Watch these videos-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwrziDMhKss
        So what? If he meets Manny and beats him handily, people will just accuse him of all the things you're accusing him of anyway - he can't/won't win.

Floyd may have contradicted himself with words but Manny and Bob Arum have contradicted themselves with their actions many times over, regardless of Manny stating that he wants to fight Floyd now.

No doubting the benefit for the Philippines, but to use that to bash Floyd (who has donated plenty of money to charity in his time) for not meeting Manny is low, I'm sorry.

Both camps are to blame. Simples.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 30-11-2013, 13:58.

Comment

So what? If he meets Manny and beats him handily, people will just accuse him of all the things you're accusing him of anyway - he can't/won't win.
          The only thing I am accusing Floyd of is ducking Manny.
          He does not even have to beat him, if Floyd agreed to fight Manny he would get my full respect and there would no longer be that big question mark hanging over his career/legacy.
          For the record I would favour Floyd to win, but I'd be cheering for Manny.

Floyd may have contradicted himself with words but Manny and Bob Arum have contradicted themselves with their actions many times over, regardless of Manny stating that he wants to fight Floyd now.
          Proof?

Floyd has constantly been the one with the ridiculous demands-

-Random blood testing right up to fight night
          -Him having a massive split of the overall purse
          -Floyd saying Manny has to leave Arum/join TMT and fight several fights on his cards- WTF?!
          -Floyd saying Marquez KO'd Pac so the fight is no longer relevant despite the fact it's what everyone wants to see and it would make more money than any other fight in history.
          -and making excuses that his health comes first, clearly afraid of Manny.

All I have ever heard out of Manny's mouth is- 'I'll fight him'.

Floyd only takes fights that he knows he can win, he is not a risk taker.
          His ego is so attached to the undefeated persona it would not be able to risk a loss.
          with Pacman, that is an opponent he doesn't KNOW he could beat, and that's why he has not yet accepted.

No doubting the benefit for the Philippines, but to use that to bash Floyd (who has donated plenty of money to charity in his time) for not meeting Manny is low, I'm sorry.
          I did not use the Philippines to bash Floyd, you misunderstood me...
          I was saying that since a lot of money could be generated for the Philippines by this fight, that might be an added incentive for Floyd to agree.
          Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 01-12-2013, 11:31.

Comment

The only thing I am accusing Floyd of is ducking Manny.
            He does not even have to beat him, if Floyd agreed to fight Manny he would get my full respect and there would no longer be that big question mark hanging over his career/legacy.
            For the record I would favour Floyd to win, but I'd be cheering for Manny.
            Yeah, because the legacy of being an undisputed world champ at multiple weights isn't legacy enough for Floyd.

Funny how so many people find ways to continually move the goalposts for Floyd instead of giving him his due as an all-time great fighter, it's ridiculous.

-Floyd saying Manny has to leave Arum/join TMT and fight several fights on his cards- WTF?!
            You'll now need to show clear proof of this actually being said by Floyd.

All I have ever heard out of Manny's mouth is- 'I'll fight him'.

I love that you think that just because Manny has provided soundbites then it must be true.

If you can't connect the dots that involve Bob Arum (Manny's promoter and Floyd's bitter ex-promoter - MASSIVE HINT) having specific reasons not to want this fight to happen and playing a significant part in making sure it doesn't, then I honestly cannot help you at this point - you've clearly already fallen for the "it's all Floyd's fault" mantra hook, line and sinker.

For the record, I'm no fan of the way Floyd has played his part in it all, but both camps are to blame - that's bottom line and no amount of finger pointing at Floyd changes that. It really doesn't.

Comment

Yeah, because the legacy of being an undisputed world champ at multiple weights isn't legacy enough for Floyd.

Funny how so many people find ways to continually move the goalposts for Floyd instead of giving him his due as an all-time great fighter, it's ridiculous.
              He is an all-time great fighter, I'm not disputing that.
              But, HE HAS been ducking Manny for years and is still doing it.

I am not alone in this opinion;- Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, Marvin Hagler & Ricky Hatton all agree that Floyd is either afraid of Manny or afraid of the possibility of losing to him and this is the main reason why the fight has not happened.

I suppose those guys are all wrong huh, like me?
              LOL

You'll now need to show clear proof of this actually being said by Floyd.
              Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, who expects to continue to build his business and wealth by promoting fighters under his company, Mayweather Promotions, tells...

I love that you think that just because Manny has provided soundbites then it must be true.

If you can't connect the dots that involve Bob Arum (Manny's promoter and Floyd's bitter ex-promoter - MASSIVE HINT) having specific reasons not to want this fight to happen and playing a significant part in making sure it doesn't, then I honestly cannot help you at this point - you've clearly already fallen for the "it's all Floyd's fault" mantra hook, line and sinker.
              'Cannot help me at this point', cannot help what? ....
              In providing ONE SHRED OF PROOF to back up your single theory of bad blood between Arum and Floyd?

I have listed several reasons why Floyd has been ducking Manny, all of which I can back up with proof.

Arum has also now gone on record to say that he is trying his best to get the fight made for next year. I can provide proof for this also. If it does not happen it will Floyd's fault, not Manny's. Whenever each fighter is asked in interview about it Manny always says- 'I'll fight him', and Floyd dodges the question (see video above) and/or lists a ridiculous amount of conditions for the fight to happen.

You seem to be sucked in by Floyd's BS excuses, but you can't win this one- you're pissing into the wind.

Floyd always brags about how no one has yet discovered the blue print to beat him and that he is unbeatable.
              This is because he cherry picks his opponents, he only fights guys he knows he can beat.
              While he is an amazing boxer, he is a business man arguably first and foremost.
              He understands his whole marketability is his undefeated record, that's his shtick.
              He would not want to risk that against a guy who looks dangerous, who's style he could not be sure he could handle.
              Manny's foot speed is equal/faster than Floyd's, he hits in combinations and moves around his target hitting from all angles.
              This is why Floyd will not fight him.
              Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 05-12-2013, 12:36.

Comment

He is an all-time great fighter, I'm not disputing that.
                But, HE HAS been ducking Manny for years and is still doing it.

I am not alone in this opinion;- Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, Marvin Hagler & Ricky Hatton all agree that Floyd is either afraid of Manny or afraid of the possibility of losing to him and this is the main reason why the fight has not happened.

I suppose those guys are all wrong huh, like me?
                LOL

Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather, who expects to continue to build his business and wealth by promoting fighters under his company, Mayweather Promotions, tells...

'Cannot help me at this point', cannot help what? ....
                In providing ONE SHRED OF PROOF to back up your single theory of bad blood between Arum and Floyd?

I have listed several reasons why Floyd has been ducking Manny, all of which I can back up with proof.

Arum has also now gone on record to say that he is trying his best to get the fight made for next year. I can provide proof for this also. If it does not happen it will Floyd's fault, not Manny's. Whenever each fighter is asked in interview about it Manny always says- 'I'll fight him', and Floyd dodges the question (see video above) and/or lists a ridiculous amount of conditions for the fight to happen.

You seem to be sucked in by Floyd's BS excuses, but you can't win this one- you're pissing into the wind.

Floyd always brags about how no one has yet discovered the blue print to beat him and that he is unbeatable.
                This is because he cherry picks his opponents, he only fights guys he knows he can beat.
                While he is an amazing boxer, he is a business man arguably first and foremost.
                He understands his whole marketability is his undefeated record, that's his shtick.
                He would not want to risk that against a guy who looks dangerous, who's style he could not be sure he could handle.
                Manny's foot speed is equal/faster than Floyd's, he hits in combinations and moves around his target hitting from all angles.
                This is why Floyd will not fight him.
                Lol! You've gotta be the only one who claims to know nothing about why Bob Arum and Mayweather don't get along. Did you start following boxing yesterday or last year? Feel free to disregard Arum's ridiculous claims from a few years back about how a stadium would have to be built for Mayweather vs Pacquiao before it could happen, but that's Floyd's fault too, right?

OF COURSE HE WANTS THEM TO FIGHT NOW. MAYWEATHER IS THE BIGGEST MONEY GENERATOR THE SPORT HAS EVER SEEN, FFS. And Arum clearly wants a cut of that from a fighter that he used to promote and promote badly.

It's also funny how Manny was dead against Floyd's drug test demands (which I didn't agree with) but was quick to want them when Marquez dropped him. Ironic, no?

Epic, epic fail. That's like basic common boxing knowledge. Try doing actual research instead of taking soundbites to suit your agenda.

But do carry on pushing your "it's all Floyd's fault" agenda. Both camps are to blame for it not happening when it should've. People like you will start crowing next about how he should fight Vitali and Wladimir to be an all-time great.
                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-12-2013, 14:24.

Comment

Can Nu-Eclipse and DANGEROUS-3 have a boxing match to settle this?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Can Nu-Eclipse and DANGEROUS-3 have a boxing match to settle this?
                    A good place to start if people want to find out about why Bob Arum isn't liked by Mayweather Promotions/TMT

Richard Schaefer loves to say he doesn't care what Bob Arum says or does, but second to that is only Richard Schaefer's love of paying close attention to everything Bob Arum says and does, then taking the veteran promoter to task.

I trust many others can Google more and find out about the history between Arum and Mayweather? It's out there.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 05-12-2013, 14:52.

Comment

^

and this is why MMA is taking over. Boxing is overrun with parasites.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        ^

Pretty sure the same applies to a lot of MMA.

Comment

The best in each weight class fight though?

Sure there's LOADS of parasites in MMA but compared to boxing it's nirvana.

Top fighters in the various weight divisions always fight.

Comment

Epic, epic fail.
                            Not really, you provide one reason why the fight did not happen years ago from Manny's side, and I provide countless reasons why Floyd has insured the fight has not happened since- backed up with proof and even a bunch all time great boxing champions who agree with me that the Floyd is either scared of Manny or scared of losing and that's why he continues to duck him.

I guess those guys should do their research first, then maybe someday they will understand the sport as well as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              ^

LOLZ, Oh god not one of you guys....

How on earth is 'MMA taking over' if it generates only the tiniest fraction of annual revenue that Boxing does?

Mayweather Vs Canelo (earlier this year) probably made more money in PPV than the history of every MMA PPV ever.
                              Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 06-12-2013, 10:15.

Comment

Did anyone see Ringside on Sky last night>?

Froch seems to be in complete denial over the Groves fight.

Man I hope that slimeball Eddie Hearn can persuade him to take the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                                X