No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just read that Klitschko has a torn back muscle and has had to pull out.

Shame, was looking forward to that one.

Comment

So Khan won a tough fight, I didn't watch but follow a RBR on Boxrec, it sounded like a good fight.

Khan maybe doesn't have such a glass chin afterall after apparently taking some big shots.

Comment

Khan vs Maidana was the best boxing match I've seen in a while!

I think he's definitely has got over the Prescott KO...

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
          Khan vs Maidana was the best boxing match I've seen in a while!

I think he's definitely has got over the Prescott KO...
          I missed this and i haven't seen a replay of it either. Was talking to a couple of lads down the gym and they said it was probably one of the best fights of the year.

Apparently Khan was almost KO'd in the 10th and just managed to stay upright long enough to get to the bell.

I not quite sure what it is but i still have my reservations about Khan. He's got very fast hands and feet and has a lot of power in those gloves but i'm never quite convinced by him. He hasn't yet got to the point for me to think that he will go into a fight and win, like say Pacman. Obviously there is a huge gulf there in comparison but you kind of see the point i'm making.

I still think that jaw of his is more suspect than most to a clubbing right or left so i think he needs to take a leaf out of Mayweathers book and work on defense rather than attack. His speed and power will always make him a danger on the front foot but sometimes and especially at his weight, it can be better to be a counter puncher.

I think all talk of him fighting Pacman or Flloyd next year is far too premature at this stage of his career.
          Last edited by NemesiS; 13-12-2010, 11:11.

Comment

Round 1 was really interesting, had it not been for the bell Khan might have stopped him
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In Round 10 Khan took a terrible battering and was close to being stopped. Look at the way he stumbles back to his corner.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Considering Maidana is the hardest puncher in the division Khan's chin came through a serious test.

Comment

Klitchsko tonight...

I'm still a casual boxing fan..so hoping someone else can fill me in...

I watched Groves last fight...I think he has a big fight coming up also.

Comment

Vitali won, 1st round. Knew the odds were 20-1. Still, not a gambler now. Shame!

Crap fight.

Comment

Was talking to my mate about the demise of Roy Jones and his loss to ol’ glass hands, at which point he sent me this:

Shocking!
                  Last edited by Kit; 30-03-2011, 23:38.

Comment

Please could anyone tell me who is on the undercard for the Khan Fight?
                    (Probably old news now, but its on primetime now 480)

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Was talking to my mate about the demise of Roy Jones and his loss to ol’ glass hands, at which point he sent me this:

Shocking!
                      lol that was funny stuff, its what happens over here though, refs jump in and stop the fight so quickly.

Comment

Not sure but from what i've heard its not good, alot of cancelled fights on the undercard which is why Sky wanted to put this on SS3 and not pay per view, but Khan says he is a PPV fighter and moved it to Primetime, after the Haye/Harrison fight I think Sky was weary of having tonights card on PPV as the undercard is poo and the main event could be over in a round or two, but Khans team (family) still want the british public to pay what ?15 for what could be total crap, and khan says he's giving back to the british public by fighting a no chancer and making us pay extra for it.

Shall not be watching, will just follow a RBR on Boxrec.

If primetime were also going to show Ortiz/Berto i'd have put down the money as that fight is far more interesting of a matchup.

Comment

How utterly pointless.

Comment

Indeed, knew that Mcclosky had little chance, then to boot the ending sucked.

Glad I didn't throw ?15 in the toilet for this rubbish.

Comment

Is anybody watch the International Heavyweights Prizefighter later?

Then around 2am is Pac-man V Sugar Shane...

Comment

pac-man is a proper super star, his fighting style is great and exciting to watch.

mosley will be a test that i reckon be hard but paccy should beat him be a majority decision.

roll on mayNOTweather!!

Comment

Working...
                                X