No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a nice way to start the evening, hopefully the others will be as busy as that (I won't be staying up for all of them though, man-flu is taking hold!).

Comment

Froch if he wins this tournament has got the chance to be considered one of the best British middle/super middleweights for a long time. Most don't give him much of a chance in the final against Ward but if he could win it he deserves more recognition here
      Carl Froch swept into the final of the toughest boxing tournament ever on a tidal wave of American admiration. He is being saluted as 'the most under-rated fighter in the world'.

Comment

Watched the boxing last night, the fight between the 2 Edwards was pretty good. Well impressed with the main fight, David price looks tasty as a heavyweight! Super finish for him

Comment

I've pretty much watched all the boxing and ringside the last year...feel a lot more in touch now i have sky.

Although the sheer amount of boxing and different weights and fighters...I still consider myself a casual fan.

Anyway! Big one this Saturday...

Comment

Really looking forward to saturday, watching the build up stuff now

What a lovely bloke klitchko seems and what a classless piece of **** Haye is coming across as, i know hes flogging tickets and ppv's but shake the mans hand.

More i watch it more i hope haye gets smashed, mainly just hoping for a great fight, its a real 50:50 job

Comment

What time is the fight expected to start? I know the thing starts at 10 but how much rubbish will there be? I don't s'pose it'll be after midnight?

Comment

Starts at 8 on sky and i'm expecting them in the ring 10ish, its in germany and klitschko fights usally round 10

Cant lose money backing either of them in the first 6 on betfair (assuming it ends in 1st 6 of course) , long looking odds
                Last edited by merf; 30-06-2011, 20:33.

Comment

Where's the best free online streams? justin.tv?

"Hey Batdad, I didn't hear no bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    Where's the best free online streams? justin.tv?
                    I think stealing cable is wrong, so I am choosing not to watch it in the hopes that others will follow my example. That's the last you'll hear from me on the matter. Thank you for your time.

I just want to call attention to the fact that I'm not watching this fight as my form of nonviolent protest.

I will be on the front lawn.

Comment

YAWN.

Comment

DOUBLE YAWN!

Hayemaker can retire happily now knowing that he's crap!

Comment

Poor fight. Very little genuine excitement. Klitschko always looked in control. I think Haye maybe edged the third, and had a decent go at one point in the twelfth, but his constant complaining made it clear throughout the fight that he could't step up to the required level.

Comment

Yes it was pretty poor. Ufc just outdoes boxing every time for me these days.

Comment

Klitschko walks out that ring a respectful man, Haye walks out with with excuses of a broken toe. Yeah, Klitschko did go for the push down when Haye was trying to come in, but eventually it became pantomime and Haye was clinging to it as a point deduction winner. He was falling about like a feather would drop him at one point. (he should never have been given a standing count mind)

Comment

****e.

Easy win.

Comment

Working...
                                X