The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
    Jezz cmon...as much as I like Tyson Fury, the journeyman gentleman...its Mayweather, today is about Mayweather. (regardless of earlier sky Sat fight nite also) yes i respect Fury, but is fuuuking MAYWEATHER. fUCCK PRimetime.
    No interest in PPV fights. PPV has ruined boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      Back on, missing four rounds. I want to see a channel five executive dragged into the street and beaten for this.
      Agreed. I wasn't that impressed with the pre-fight coverage and them interrupting him during his preparations, etc. I did like the bit about all the sweets and cakes he used to eat though.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather really stepped over the line talking to Larry Merchant.

But I agree in with him, as well.
        Larry Merchant is too old now, he should retire from his post gracefully and give his post to Max Kellerman who does a much greater job.

I suppose this is why we love to tune into all those Mayweather PPV's.

Comment

That ref in the Mayweather vs Ortiz fight needs to be sacked as well...

Comment

That Ortiz headbutt was clearly intentional. Once they had touched gloves and hugged then its back to the fight. The ref was poor and I also agree with Mayweather regarding Merchant, he is crap. He has always given Mayweather grief.

Regardless of all that though, it wasn't sporting of Mayweather to go straight out and bang him on the chin like he did. There again I'd be pissed off if someone had just clearly headbutted me like Ortiz did.

Comment

HBO are very eager in their removal of all YouTube footage of recent fights (see above).

I know they are protecting their wares having stumped up (most of?) the purses, but it feels like media blackout at the moment.

You'd think the fight had not happened.

Comment

Marquez just beat Pacquiao, so the decision went to Pacquiao but Marquez won the fight, I'm so fed up of this sport at this point that I don't think I'll have any interest left in another year or two.

Complete crap decision after crap decision, I'm not a Pacquiao hater, the guy is good but he's 1-2 against Marquez in my opinion and Marquez doesn't have a single win from this trilogy, he deserved to get the win tonight.

Comment

Disgusting decision by the judges. That has really left a bitter taste in my mouth after that fantastic fight. Marquez won it comfortably and i gave Pacquiao 4 rounds at best and that may be being generous.

Oh and believe me Mayweather will outbox Pacquiao easily and i like Pacquiao!
                  Last edited by Sam The Man; 13-11-2011, 05:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                    Disgusting decision by the judges. That has really left a bitter taste in my mouth after that fantastic fight. Marquez won it comfortably and i gave Pacquiao 4 rounds at best and that may be being generous.

Oh and believe me Mayweather will outbox Pacquiao easily and i like Pacquiao!
                    Totally agree, Pacquiao will be out of his depth against Mayweather, styles make fights and classy counter punchers like Marquez and Mayweather have Pacquiao's number.

Comment

Its a shame as I am a Pacquiao fan but at the end of the day I want to see fair and true decisions when it goes to the cards, the better man on the night deserves to win.

Comment

I watched that Tyson Fury fight last night. haha, it was like a car park brawl. No strategy or anything, just charging in with swinging arms. Very amusing.

Comment

Yeah, that's what we were saying here about the Canadian... it was like head down, windmills in, then clinch to avoid getting hit back. Great for the first two rounds, then Fury managed to figure out how to get around it...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Fury is absolutely atrocious. He has no boxing acumen that I can see. I missed the Eubank fight but all the write ups say he looked good.

That just about sums up my thoughts on Fury. He is crap.

I missed the Marquez vs Pacquiao fight, read loads of opinions and everyone has said Marquez won the fight. Its a real shame that the judges gave the decision they did. Hopefully Mayweather and Pacquiao will finally get it on and end all of the speculation.
                            Last edited by Adrock; 13-11-2011, 17:36.

Comment

Khan - now.

Seth Mitchell was landing telling blows yet again, and won.

Like i've said, Fury is a journeyman, seen all his fights. I like him tho.

Comment

Just read the outcome of the Khan fight, wow Peterson 11-1 underdog pulls out the win, sounds like it was an entertaining fight.

Can imagine there will be a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                                X