No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome fight. Cotto started well in the first couple of rounds but Pacquiao's pure class shone through. As the fight went on he totally outclassed Cotto who is no mug himself. The Pacquiao - Mayweather fight needs to happen as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 15-11-2009, 14:49.

Comment

i'd love to see Pac v Mayweather. Pacman has undoubtedly shown his class now and is an all time great, I have this sneaking suspicion though that Mayweather has gears hes never even needed to find and could be even better than we suspect.

would be a huge fight and needs to happen before they are both over the hill.

Comment

Completely agree mate. Mayweather, love him or hate him, is a class above everyone IMO. But would love to see him and Pacquaio get it on.
        Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

I hate boxing sometimes, David Haye has to fight Ruiz next, ok I can deal with that as the guy did step aside, but now Valuev is saying he has a rematch clause and will be up after Ruiz.

Who the hell wants to see Haye vs Ruiz and then Haye vs Valuev again, thats the whole next year taken up with crap matchups.

Why can't a fallen champ just get in line, beat some top ranked contenders before getting another shot, rematch clauses just make it too easy, Valuev will either just wait a year for his shot at Haye or will fight some bum that has no chance as a warm up, its pathetic, even with a rematch clause you should still have to do something in the meantime to show your worthy, must defeat at least one top ranked contender.

The sport is going down the bog hole.

Comment

The WWE titles have rematch clauses already tied to them but wrestlers are harder and just cash it in the next night or the week after so it's not as annoying.

Comment

Just watched the Roy Jones fight on youtube, he's got to take the hint and hang up his gloves now surely. Sad to see a legend still fighting years after he should have stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                Just watched the Roy Jones fight on youtube, he's got to take the hint and hang up his gloves now surely. Sad to see a legend still fighting years after he should have stopped.
                Its a shame as it was just one of those punches, it wasn't clean and on the chin but somewhere on the side, towards the back of the head.

Comment

Yeah I had to watch it twice to spot the actual damage inflicting punch.

Hopkins had a decent win last night, good to see some decent midweek boxing.

Comment

Looks like the Pacquiao Mayweather fight is on for March 2010, should be a corker.

Don't think Khan will have a easy fight against Salita tonight. Could be a very close bout.

Comment

What time is the Khan fight Mr H?

Comment

Around 9:30, its been suggested. But really you shouldnt miss the undercard fight of Kevin Mitchell vs Breidis Prescott. Prescott being the guy that beat Khan so quickly.

Kevin Mitchell is a good fighter who has kind of been forgotten since the whole Khan machine started churning. I really hope Khan loses, cant stand him. It was laughable when he suggested he wouldnt fight Pacquiao because of the 'respect' he had for him.

Comment

Shame its PPV tonight, no way im paying to watch a mismatch.

Salita is ranked 63 on Boxrec, which is not the most accurate of rankings but does suggest there are far more deserving opponents, the last guy Salita fought had 11 losses, his unbeaten record is padded with opponents who had almost as many losses as wins. This will not be a competetive matchup, and certainly not worthy of being PPV.

Its a shame as I do want to see the undercard, Mitchell/Prescott will be interesting.

Comment

I shall take to my usual stance on Khan and hope he gets smashed in.

I may look for a stream but no way I'm ppv-ing for this.

Comment

Extremely happy I didnt pay for that.

Comment

Me too, next time maybe they can get an opponent thats actually world class.

Comment

Working...
                                X