No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody interested in this tournament then? It's one of the biggest things to happen in boxing for years. Interest in boxing does seem to be dieing with Setanta going under and ITV about to give up on boxing but it's a shame when they manage to pull off something as big as this.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If Froch could win this he ought to be rated as one of the best to come out of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      All this talk of short matches is why everyone should just watch pro wrestling instead - guaranteed 2.5 hours of action!!!
      its not a prizefighter style one evening tournament, its a format of full length fights over many months.

Don King tried something similar in the late 70s, early 80s and the plug got pulled half way thru by tv as he was fixing the whole thing (allegedly)

i still like a good boxing match but in terms of entertainment an evening of UFC hits the mark far better to my tastes at the moment as you rarely get a full boxing card of comparable quality.

Comment

Khan was good, mature and looked like a very good boxer. He won on points - a landslide.

Comment

i watched a stream on justin.tv, have to say fell asleep near the end, Khan did look quite good though and clearly was boxing properly.

also watched the ITV prog, didn't like the 'lady' boxing at all. Tyson Fury needs to lose a few pounds, didn't see anything to make me think he's more than a domestic class heavyweight.

Comment

That ITV4 boxing was rubbish. Fury was wild and unfocused. The other bloke he fought was a bit of a porker and it was a bit like watching a Stella-fuelled chav battle in some piss-stained alley outside some ****ty nightclub's taxi rank.
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 19-07-2009, 10:33.

Comment

Fury is rubbish, first time I've seen him and after some of the press coverage I'm totally unimpressed, he had the look of a nightclub bouncer.

Also not rating that Welsh LH Cleverly, he looked more Macarenelli than Calzaghe to me. He threw some nice body shots but looks a lightweight puncher and is wide open to be hit.

Comment

Fury will come good. He has the power, the verbals and is still very young. Plus he is a traveller like me (so I am a tad biased).

Comment

really doubt it.

he looks fairly ill disciplined to me, doesn't punch properly and is more car park brawler than boxer.

be amazed if he got beyond British title level.
                  Last edited by merf; 19-07-2009, 14:38.

Comment

More on the Super Middleweight tournament

Froch's schedule is Direll, Kessler (in Denmark) then Abraham.

Comment

Anyone watching the Mayweather - Marquez fight?

Comment

Yes mate gonna try stay awake and watch it, UFC 103 is also on in a few hours so will probably flick between them. Should be good viewing, I'm actually quite surprised it's not on pay-per-view!

Comment

Me too...staying awake, never easy when you plan it + I'm 6 ales down so far

Comment

A thoroughly slick performance by Mayweather. He outclassed Marquez from the off, hitting him and making him miss almost at will. You'd never guess that he'd been away for two years...I guess that's the difference between guys like him and Pacquiao who keep in shape all year round and guys like Ricky Hatton (bless him) who only get in shape when a fight comes around.

Loved the verbals & afters that PBF had with "Sugar" Shane Mosley after in the post-fight interview...perhaps a Mayweather-Mosley superbout is in the offing prior to a Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight? TBH, both Mosley and Pacman would have their work cut out trying to stop PBF on that performance, but they'd give it a damn good go for sure!
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 20-09-2009, 09:22.

Comment

Stunning performance by Mayweather. Didn't like Marquez' excuses about him being heavier though. He didn't have to take the fight after the weigh in but was perfectly happy to accept the 600,000 bucks. You can't do that then use it as an excuse!

Comment

Mayweather looked supreme. Worth waiting up for.

Comment

Working...
                                X