No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so any views on Saturdays heavies then ?

I've seen the last couple of Valuev fights so will hit the streams rather than ppv as he ain't exactly the most dynamic or exciting of fighters.

It poses the always interesting question about a good big un and a good little un, though for my money Valuev isn't really that good.

My prediction is Haye to get on his bike and dance round Valuev to pick up an 'easy' points win, a totally shot Holyfield nearly had enough to do this a few months back so it should be achievable for Haye.

Only real danger for Haye is if he gets cocky and gets caught by one, but Valuev is so slow and not really a destructive puncher so it would be damn careless for Haye to go out this way.

Comment

Its an interesting matchup, Holyfield and Chagiev have shown that Valuev can be out boxed but at the same time Haye has a different style of fighting.

I think Haye will put on a good performance but will hit the deck at some point which will eventually cost him a points decision, hopefully Haye can pull it off though.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        My prediction is Haye to get on his bike and dance round Valuev to pick up an 'easy' points win, a totally shot Holyfield nearly had enough to do this a few months back so it should be achievable for Haye.
        I suspect this is his only chance to be honest. A lot has been made that Haye will be within easy reach of his chin, but I imagine it's fair to say that of a lot of his fights!

Comment

just checked on Betfair and its a little early for the big money to go on but Haye a strong favourite to win on points.

maybe the german equivalent of betfair has it the other way but backs my view of things.

Comment

I'm hopeful of a Haye win but think that he might get knocked out. Even though he could dance around for 12 rounds to get ahead on points, it's in his nature to go for a big knockout, which will leave him open to getting hit.
            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

If theres 1 thing I hate its a cocky bigheaded boxer, & due to Haye's smack talk & arrogance I hope the Russian wins!!

Comment

Haye has a reputation for not taking punches too well. That was mainly in the past when he had to boil down to Cruiser though so it'll be interesting to see whether or not his increased weight will make a difference.

By all accounts Valuev doesn't hit terribly hard and he obviously isn't fast. My main concern is that with it being based in Germany and the judges over there being notorious for their crazy decisions. For that reason I don't see Valuev losing, I see a points decision in his favour unless Haye manages to do the unthinkable and knock Valuev down. Nobody has ever managed it and whilst Haye punched very big at Cruiserweight I'm not sure he has enough to trouble Valuev.

On betfair I'd back Valuev personally, the German judges alone give him double scoring rounds before the fight even begins.

I think Haye has all the attributes to dance around and pick him off but in Germany that isn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                  I think Haye has all the attributes to dance around and pick him off but in Germany that isn't enough.
                  Which is exactly what he has done for the most part...coming up to Round 9. Looks likes its going this distance..IF! it does...How they score this....

I didn't see the Holyfield fight...that was supposed to be a dodgy points decision.

Comment

I have Haye 4 up. Ladbrokes know Germany scoring also, Valuev is odds on to Win still with 1 round to go.

Comment

I still fancy the draw at 8-1 was 16-1 before the 11th.

Comment

Points coming up *goose bumps*

Comment

Get the ****ing **** in.! YES!

Comment

You must have been a judge ShadowDancer, David Haye wins. David has indeed beaten Goliath!

Comment

Haye won then on points?? stream i was watching cut out, and haye was celebrating. pretty boring from what i saw, glad i didnt pay now......

Comment

Yeah, majority of the judges had it 116-112 in his favour. I actually think that was a bit generous as he didn't do enough in some of the rounds. Saying that though he did have Valuev rocking in the final round and that wasn't even a proper shot, if he was a bit more attacking he could have KO'd the giant I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X