The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like ol Floyd 'joy' isn't the genius he thinks

lets hope Hatton gives it up after a savage ko like that, suspect he'll find it hard to do and may come back to blighty for a domestic fight at the City stadium.

Comment

Yes real shocking KO for Hatton, looked totally out-classed sadly and as someone mentioned didn't seem his normal confident self.

Mayweather Jr coming out of retirement should throw a bit more in to the mix.

Comment

Pac-man was too good, sorry to bring betting odds into it, but that's how the bookies had it too. Fast, needed to see the replay to see the speed and POWER! Too good. Is Ricky past his best? I fear so.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          Too good. Is Ricky past his best? I fear so.
          Past his best ?, Was he ever that good in the 1st place ? I think much like the Team he supports , he's overpaid , overrated and overhyped and bar the odd amazing result here and there , isn't that good .
          In my eye's he's not even fit to lace the likes of Joe Calzaghe boots

Comment

Isn't that a little harsh, He's managed to come undone against two very good fighters. He is a good boxer. Examples will get us no-where..that isn't a cop out. I'm just tired having been drinking for 15 odd hours.

Comment

Not really , he's ok in his comfort zone of fighting people passed it , or past their best in the UK, the moment he moves up a class and fights inthe USA, he comes a cropper.

I enjoyed the Danny Williams fight more

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                In my eye's he's not even fit to lace the likes of Joe Calzaghe boots
                at least Hatton has taken on all his main contenders in their prime in the US, not sweved them to preserve his record like a certain welsh fighter.

i don't think Hatton was ever top draw but you can't fault his attitude or bravery, unlike Calzaghe who for me will always be remembered as a bit of a fraud and a bottler at the highest level (as much as you can call any chap willing to step into the ring a bottler)

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                  at least Hatton has taken on all his main contenders in their prime in the US, not sweved them to preserve his record like a certain welsh fighter.
                  At least when Calzaghe moves up a weight or class or when he fights out in the USA, he wins . Something beyond the so called 'Hitman' .

If I was him, I'll stick to watching the footy

Comment

Hatton has fought and lost to two guys who started out at much lighter weights than he fought at, right?

If he was truly as good as some people have been building him up to be, he'd take them out easily enough due to his superior weight/strength. Hatton is a bruiser and brawler, he had the heart to get where he is today, he just lacked boxing nouse.

edit : At the same time Calzaghe was just a bottle merchant. He essentially ducked anybody who was decent for a massive portion of his career. Theres no denying he is good but he sullied his own legacy by fighting bums for most of his reign as world champion.
                    Last edited by Adrock; 03-05-2009, 09:29.

Comment

Good Morning. The sun is trying to break through but its looking a bit grey. Winds getting up. That is drunken talk. Youtube for some pogues should settle me. Snooker today.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post

i don't think Hatton was ever top draw but you can't fault his attitude or bravery, unlike Calzaghe who for me will always be remembered as a bit of a fraud and a bottler at the highest level (as much as you can call any chap willing to step into the ring a bottler)
                        Well put.

Calzaghe had plenty of opportunities to fight Jones when he was at his best but chose not to. Hatton on the other hand, not only went to the US to fight the best, but he’s even moved out of his natural weight division to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                          Hatton has fought and lost to two guys who started out at much lighter weights than he fought at, right?

If he was truly as good as some people have been building him up to be, he'd take them out easily enough due to his superior weight/strength. Hatton is a bruiser and brawler, he had the heart to get where he is today, he just lacked boxing nouse.
                          I'm bit wasted, he may have heart, he does, sounds bit patronising, but he has won some good fights. Please remember who he was fighting last night.

Comment

I remember exactly who he fought last night. Somebody who started their Career over 2 STONE lighter than what he fought at last night. If Hatton was ever great he'd have seen off somebody so naturally lighter than he was.

That is a full 6 or 7 weights above what he was fighting at last night.

Comment

Pacquiao is a better boxer than Hatton, I'm too simple, don't get cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                Well put.

Calzaghe had plenty of opportunities to fight Jones when he was at his best but chose not to. Hatton on the other hand, not only went to the US to fight the best, but he?s even moved out of his natural weight division to do it.
                                Not his fault he broke his hand

I rate the likes of Lloyd Honeyghan way above Hatton, and like Joe goes out there too ,and did the Job . True mark of a great fighter
                                Hatton is like Frank Bruno, a likeable British loser

Comment

Working...
                                X