No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got into UFC too in the last year, I like the fact it gives you the decent matchups between the top fighters and you get a good bill every few weeks.

got last nights skyplused for later on today

Comment

And the fact there is only about six minutes between fights is great, there's no waiting around at all.

Comment

I see it as a package, like watching a good film.

I never get excited or even know about bouts really before hand but am quite happy to sit down and watch the event as most bouts are decent, unlike most boxing undercards.

as a rule though the US based UFC events seem to have the top fights/fighters,last nights in Dublin was ok but nothing amazing.

Comment

Yep, the big fights have been saved for the next UFC, in the States in a fornight, then the next UFC is at the 02 in London towards end of Feb.

Comment

Looks like Hatton's fight with theh PacMan isn't going to happen

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

For those of you guys interested in UFC and stuff.

Appararently Affliction Day of Reckoning will be shown free on Bravo at 9pm Sunday 25th Jan, for all you guys who have Sky.

Bravo is being nice and generous to us as this is a pay per view event in the US and Russia.

Just in case you was wondering, the card is quite stacked but the main event will feature Fedor Emelianenko (the baddest man on the planet) vs. Andrei Arlovski (ranked P4P 4th best in the world).

Please don't tell me who has won as I won't be watching it till then!

Comment

good spot, I've seen some Fedor fights on youtube and he can certainly handle himself

will be watching this, thanks

Comment

I just watched Affliction Day of Reckoning.

Do yourself a favour and watch it!

I just gotta say a few things. Affliction production is ****e as compared to UFC.

The owners of Affliction are proper unprofessional and all I see about them are $$$'s in their eyes.

Oh, the main card... What a fight!!!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up will watch this when it's on.

Comment

Some cracking fights so far

Yvel being pinned for about 13 minutes, and that chilling knock-out

Comment

Third post in a row hoorah

Main fight, what a punch. Jesus. Glad the ref was quick to jump in. Can't believe the bearded guy was only 29, he looked so much older.

They need to replace the ropes with a cage but don't suppose the UFC would allow that.

Comment

that was cool, 2 killer ko's in there

seen a lot of Fedor on youtube and he looks pretty handy, not sure how these things all rank up though, is UFC top dog or just the slickest ?

Comment

so Calzaghe has retired, as anybody who keeps up with this thread knows he's not my favourite of fighters.

can't argue with an undefeated record, I've never thought he's rubbish, I believe he had the potential to be a great but his desire to preserve his 0 meant he avoided most of his defining fights at the time that would have made his name legendary.

a very very good fighter who was over cautious in his matchmaking and thus will not be considered a true legend of the ring.

I hold Benn, Eubank & even Steve Collins in far higher esteem as they didn't really swerve people.

Comment

Agree with every word of that.

Did you watch UFC 94 last weekend? GSP vs Penn 2, GSP is just like a fighting machine.

Spoilered in case you haven't seen it yet

Felt sorry for Penn, but GSP was just too powerful and up for it. Saw an interesting show on how Penn's family/parents were multi-millionaires themselves and how he only fought for the love of it, and had been doing so since he was about ten

Comment

curses, totally forgot it was on, did end up watching the rival lot on Bravo that have Fedor and '300' wannabe Arlovsky, some brutal stuff in that.

not seen GSP much but he has quite a big reputation

one of the things that often surprises me is how articulate and intelligent the MMA fighters are in comparison to boxers (or footballers for that matter). guess you need some grey matter to master multiple disciplines and bring it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X