No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting away from Calzaghe fan baiting interesting odds for this up on betfair

Calzaghe is 1.44, Jones is 3.45. That seems very wide for Jones in a 2 horse race with no method of victory specified (Jones on points is 5.2 !)

I may be swayed by my views but those odds look a little skewed to me.

Comment

Agree, wouldn't have thought Calzaghe was that much of a favourite.

Comment

Just realised the Calzaghe fight is on Setanta, result on Virgin including it for free

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
          getting away from Calzaghe fan baiting interesting odds for this up on betfair

Calzaghe is 1.44, Jones is 3.45. That seems very wide for Jones in a 2 horse race with no method of victory specified (Jones on points is 5.2 !)

I may be swayed by my views but those odds look a little skewed to me.
          Some good value on Betfair, for the Pavlik v Hopkins fight I was watching the live odds throughout, after the first 4 rounds which hopkins clearly won you could see he wasgoing to win, however 4 rounds in and the odds still had Pavlik as the favourite, I lumped about a tenner on Hopkins at that point to win 30 quid back, I think favourites get backed too much sometimes on betfair and people get swayed too much by prefight expectations.

For Jones v Calzaghe im gonna watch the odds again, after 3 rounds we should get at least some idea if jones can make it a close fight, if so then there should still be good odds on him.

Comment

Competition one of the papers I work on are running, only take 30 seconds to enter if you're interested.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
              Did anyone see the confrontation between James Toney and Eubank and Benn on TV? He seriously insulted them and Eubank was speechless.
              I saw it. Something along the lines of Toney saying "I'll fight either of them, or I'll fight both of them together, I don't care" and Benn replying "You're as thick as too short planks".

Frankly it made all three of them look stupid and witless.

Comment

According to the BBC,

All three judges score the fight 118-109
                That's amazing. Assuming Calzaghe lost the first 10-8 for being knocked down, all three judges awarded him every one of the next 11 rounds.

Jones may be over the hill, but that is an awesome achievement, especially against an Anerican at the Garden.

Comment

yes and it might not be joes last fight after all as he just said going to think about what he's going to do next

next sat night haye v barrett at the o2, london. haye will win that one i think

Comment

That was a good entertaining fight, good job by Calzaghe.

Was sure it was going to be stopped on that cut, Jones deserves credit for giving it his all and making it to the end.

Comment

Very professional fight from Calzaghe, thought Jones was really up for this one as well. Jones has got to hang up his gloves now, surely.

Comment

why won't Calzaghe make me happy and just bloody well lose ?

wonder who he'll fight next, my money is on Jake La Motta, Sonny Robinson or Randolph Turpin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                          I saw it. Something along the lines of Toney saying "I'll fight either of them, or I'll fight both of them together, I don't care" and Benn replying "You're as thick as too short planks".

Frankly it made all three of them look stupid and witless.
                          It's on Youtube now:

A celebrity audience join Chris Eubank & Nigel Benn before their rematch

Seems like Calzaghe isn't certain about retirement. Considering he says he doesn't do rematches surely the only fight out there for him now is undefeated IBF champ Chad Dawson.

NEW YORK, NY - Undefeated IBF/IBO light heavyweight champion CHAD DAWSON wants to be the first to congratulate Joe Calzaghe on his dominate victory over Roy Jones, Jr. at Madison Square Garden tonight.

Comment

Watched the Haye fight, a good performance from him, Barrett didn't just turn up for his pay-check.

Really hope Haye gets a shot at one of the brothers belts next year. He seems a genuinely nice guys from all the radio/TV interviews I've seen.

Comment

he will be interesting at heavyweight, he's the new Nigel Benn, deck or get decked.

he can't keep getting dropped though against the top boys though or he won't be getting back up.

Comment

Fair play to Haye, brutal at times. Anyone see the build up tho, Two Gunz knocking that enormous ex b-ball player (and highly rated heavy prospect), in, like 30 seconds? Ty or Tye something. If that is what constitutes a hot prospect for this division then Haye is gonna clean up. At least he has more charisma than the bunch of lumbering Drago-lite euro boys populating the weight class currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X