No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was the Judge that gave it 114-114 Hehe.

It was deserved. 3-1 on round 12 for Haye to Win at Ladbrokes.
    (the fight - not round 12)
    Even though it was his fight and was scored about right, I didn't risk it.

Comment

Good result, im glad Haye did it.

Styles make fights and good fighters can adapt styles, Haye may have been a bit negative but it was the right way to get the win, when he fights Ruiz next we will see more more aggression from him.

Comment

The best thing about that fight is that Haye showed Valuev can be hurt. Thats the first time ever he has been rocked, its just a shame it took the entire fight to get to that stage.

I'm quite surprised Haye got the decision really, looking back at the fight Haye certainly had the best punches throughout but there weren't enough. I'm very happy with the win though, at least Haye will get people talking about the Heavyweight division again.

Next big fight a sell out of the o2 arena? I think after all of the publicity with this fight it could happen. Ruiz may not be the fight to do just that but I think Haye will certainly draw massive gates after tonight. Regardless of whether or not it was a good fight to watch.

Comment

watched the fight and was mildly entertained

fair result aswell, valuev whilst he shook his head at most of hayes punches didnt do much himself to convince anyone of a win

i'm still lamenting over the state of heavyweight boxing when they have to resort to gimmick fights like this lol

Is boxing the only sport where the standard has actually gone down in recent years?

Comment

one of those fights where you toss a coin on which way decision goes.

boxing purists will ssay Haye fought well with good defensive skills and landing the cleaner shots, it is the art of self defense after all. americans in particular look at who is moving forward and being aggressive, even if not connecting.

over the 12 rounds I don't think there is much debate Haye deserved it and was the better man by far.

he claimed post fight he broke his hand in the 2nd round and the gameplan originally was to swing a bit more and the defensive style was improvised. I'm not so sure, he's a good showman and know thats the right thing to say but it was a surprise to see he had the skill and stamina to execute that so well.

Right decision but a surprise he got it over there, especially with Don King sat there waving flags and having a piece of Valuev

Comment

I might put some money on him to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year now - I had already put a fiver on Button to win but with this being so close to the voting...

Comment

Watched this last night, Haye did deserve the win, thought the Ref was hovering really close to the fighters the whole time, just waiting to jump in if there was a clinch. Which there wasn't, he just seemed really OTT, but that could be as I've been watching so much UFC of late.

Still feel that Holyfield should have had the title after his fight last Xmas but hey ho, don't suppose he'll get a look in now unless they manage to put big money on the table.

Comment

don't remind of that Holyfield Valuev fight, I was watching a webstream live and stuck £100 on him at something silly like 6-1 after a few rounds, thought it was money in the bank until the judges read out their scores !

Comment

thought I'd bring the thread back up for tonights event, who's stopping up for the fight ?

manny pacquiao v miguel angel cotto

cant wait to see this manny should win this i reckon, live from 2am on sky sports 1/hd1

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                      thought I'd bring the thread back up for tonights event, who's stopping up for the fight ?

cant wait to see this manny should win this i reckon, live from 2am on sky sports 1/hd1
                      Hopefully manny, should be a great fight.
                      I think i'll just watch it in the morning though.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post

Will be staying up for this, really looking forward to it.

I would give the edge to Manny but Cotto will be in with a good chance, for one thing I don't see this being a short fight like the Hatton one, both guys tonight have good movement and I can see it taking a few rounds to get going.

One thing you gotta say is that these are two fighters that take on the best, its hard to actually favour either guy as I like them both, hopefully whoever wins can fight Mayweather and kick his ass.

Comment

I shall be watching this too. Looking forward to some top quality boxing.

Comment

It'll be a fantastic fight, going to be interesting to see how Cotto comes back after that savage fight with Margarito.

Comment

Was it a good fight? first high profile fight I've missed in a while....

(Waiting for the father inlaw to finish with the Sunday paper) I know the result though. It was the first thing I did when I woke up for a ciggie!

Comment

Duh...got the Sunday paper...obv not in there as the fight was very early am!

Comment

Working...
                                X