No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nijo, quick question. On the 99 designs site it's currently listing three days remaining for the competition but I'm having trouble finding the exact date and time of the cutoff period. When's the final deadline for first round entries? Thanks.

Comment

I so wish i could find the time to draw again..........

Awesome awesome stuff coming through here by the way. Ive been watching fron beyond the scenes!

- and Dogg, come and make a game with me :-p
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Billy: Nice idea using the brackets and bar, but the toast is too geeky. Maybe it would work with just the alpha and the rest normal? The design would need to be more logo-y though (if you know what I mean - more polished so it looks like a logo rather than text). Good effort though.

Averybluemonkey: Uh, good question. The contest says it was created 28 hours ago and finishes on the 21st, so I presume the cutoff is around about 5pm UK time on Saturday. I've never done this before so I don't know whether that's fixed in stone or up to me to flick a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Zombies...

And...

And...

Dogg, what seperates your work from others, and what i love about you... is that you pay attention to the smallest details. You can turn the most brilliant scenes into something quite beautiful.

For instance the bird on the branch, the cat on the roof, the face in the window. They all make the scenes feel more real, more alive, more personal. Love it
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Also this is the only thread where I actually prefer it when people requote all the pictures I've already seen

Originally posted by Nijo View Post
            Billy: Nice idea using the brackets and bar, but the toast is too geeky. Maybe it would work with just the alpha and the rest normal? The design would need to be more logo-y though (if you know what I mean - more polished so it looks like a logo rather than text). Good effort though.
            Yep, looking at it now at home with fresh eyes it's all over the place and more than a bit New Scientisty. Cheers for the advice.

Also loving that one by shiroboi. He put the atom thing AND a piece of toast

I'm gonna stop looking at the others and try a few more things tomorrow. I seriously doubt I'll actually enter but it's fun!
            Last edited by randombs; 18-07-2012, 20:39.

Comment

@Nijo: The winning design is gorgeous!

In other news, I broke out the iPad to map out my bedroomroom so I can decide on a layout and found out I'd finished my SSF2 characters before but didn't post them:

Added a bg to make things easier to see. I forgot Akuma but I cba with him for now
              Last edited by randombs; 26-07-2012, 13:37.

Comment

Awesome pixel work! All totally clear and completely capture the characters. I love it.

And Adam, I only spotted your kind words now -

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                Dogg, what seperates your work from others, and what i love about you... is that you pay attention to the smallest details. You can turn the most brilliant scenes into something quite beautiful.

For instance the bird on the branch, the cat on the roof, the face in the window. They all make the scenes feel more real, more alive, more personal. Love it
                Thank you very much! Really appreciate that and nice that you notice the extra touches. I'd love to make a game some day - maybe I'll venture in that direction at some point soon.

Comment

Cheers, DT. A mate of mine works on the official SF2 FB page and is gonna post it up. I guess I'll add Akuma first

:edit:

I've added Akuma, you have to click the picture up there to see him.
                  Last edited by randombs; 26-07-2012, 13:37.

Comment

Probably doesn't belong in here, but I was rereading the thread and was reminded by some of the cuter designs. I was 'commissioned' to make this one by my little sister for her birthday tomorrow. Hadn't crocheted anything for about 6 months, so it was a struggle to remember how to do anything!

Comment

And so it was that the thread was won.

That's awesome, you big pansy

How long did it take?

Comment

That is excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          Probably doesn't belong in here, but I was rereading the thread and was reminded by some of the cuter designs. I was 'commissioned' to make this one by my little sister for her birthday tomorrow. Hadn't crocheted anything for about 6 months, so it was a struggle to remember how to do anything!

Great stuff. I know some would say it's girly to knit, but what a skill to have if you're into video games and whatnot. Make your own Sack boys, Marios, Vic Vipers and Twinbees!

How much for you to do a Mickey Mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            I've done a little more to it tonight, it's looking a bit better I think now. Just trying to work out how I can add a little more detail, but I'm not sure how.
                            Awesome work.

Comment

No art, just a question, but figured this is the best place for it:

When my granddad retired his colleagues made an awesome leaving gift - a 3D replica(cardboard) of his office inside a picture frame that was about 3-4" thick.

One of my best friends is going back to Japan in a few weeks and I've decided to do something similar. She loves IT Crowd so I'm gonna recreate their office in a similar fashion but want to do it pixel art style. She'll be Jen, I'll be Moss and Roy will be Breakbot cos she loves him.

Anyhoo, I'm wondering how to build the characters. I'm drawing them on the iPad like my SF ones but was thinking it'd be fecking cool if I managed to make them out of plastic or wooden blocks. Anyone know if I can get such things? I think it'll be easier to paint them rather than buy the various colours. Another idea is to print out the characters on photo paper and mount them on the block silhouettes which would be easier but I'm a bit mad when it comes to stuff like this so the more difficult the better.

I'm thinking blocks about 2-3mm in size, and the characters will be 2D. If anyone remembers the pixel art pic I did of myself a while back, that's what I'm aiming for, although I'll have to cut down on the detail a fair bit.

Hope I can pull this off!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X