Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am disappoint! lol.

Comment

I hope you've got Ubuntu installed on that Mac you drone!

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Stranded outside the Gotthard for a couple of hours due to an accident inside the tunnel? A notebook with 3ds Max is all you need (and a car charger or batteries will run out mid-render).

Far from perfect (white and higlights overblown, spotty shadows due to low sampling), but not bad for a work done in my car
        when you say "a couple of hours" .... ? Days? and had a plane crashed inside the tunnel thus allowing you to recreate it or does your mind just store 3D representations of planes ready to spew out into 3dsmax?

Comment

Yesterday I was going home from Switzerland to Italy and near the Gotthard tunnel traffic was halted due to an accident inside the tunnel, involving a truck, luckily nothing major. It took two hours for the situation to get back to normal though, and in the meantime I set up materials and rendering for an existing model.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I hope you've got Ubuntu installed on that Mac you drone!
            Was going to but as long as it can do internet stuff and I can develop on it the OS really doesn't matter. I still might, just because. Linus Torvalds uses a Macbook Air, running Linux obviously.

Comment

Thought I'd get into hama beads. These are the first ones I've made - Ash, Oak, Gary, and a Pokeball. I love the original Game Boy, and it also has the advantage that I can make any sprite I want with only three colours Might do some Megaman sprites next. The problem I'm having is the white beads don't melt anywhere near as easily as the other beads, so they don't close up as much...

Think these ones might go on my wall at some point, but they'd also make some really cool fridge magnets.

Comment

Did a few more. I done a Kirby (who pretty much used up all my white beads), Link, a regular moblin and the moblin boss from Link's Awakening, and the hero from Mystic Quest.

Comment

Awww, grumpy cynic Noobish likes Pokemon! How cute!

Just kidding, those look sweet.

Comment

Yeah these are cool. Really like the Pokemon ones in particular.

Comment

Yeah I like the Pokemon ones the best, such great sprite art. I was thinking of making every NPC in the game and covering my wall with them. It'd take forever though - I have a sprite sheet with about 100 of the gits.

Comment

Somewhat wintery but mostly it's a fantasy epic. Beyond the Lair of the Ice Cyclops...

Comment

Re: The Art Thread

I always look forward to seeing your posts in this thread, Thang!

That's great!

Comment

The effect of the Bordersdown animated snow just adds to it.

Comment

Thanks QC! Yes, it does seem to go well with the snow, Ikobo.

Comment

Got some more black beads which I'd run out of, so made some more sprites.

There's Mario from Mario Land 2 (infinitely better than Mario Land 1, trufax), annoying dog from Link's Awakening, asshole from Mystic Quest, Goomba from ML2, and Team Rocket douche!

Comment

Working...
                                X