No announcement yet.

My little Hamster has died :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. Just deciding whether or not it's a good idea. I might organise some kind of Krypton Factor for Rodents to see which one is the fittest.

Comment

lol could be funny. go for something with a longer life span like a rabbit or a chinchilla then you can make millions on coats

Comment

Well, it's that time again folks.

After a bit of umming and ahhing, the missus went out and got two Chinese dwarf hamsters last year. The shop said they could live together. They couldn't - Groucho kept beating up Chico. So we split them. Shame because they were cute when they shared the wheel. Groucho sulked for a day then got on with it.

Fast forward a few months and Groucho has evolved into, well, a lunatic. I thought the last hamster had energy, but this one took it to a brand new level. Chico is a normal hamster, sleeping most of the time then pottering around.

Groucho though, was a 24/7 alert guy. Even in the middle of the day, if you walked into the room he would leap out of his bed and belt around, a little white blur on the wheel and clinging to the bars.

The last few days though he has been truly insane. On Saturday he spent the entire day on his wheel, and the night by the sound of it. A similar thing on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday he was awake when I left each morning, and awake when I got back each night. Yesterday I'm not so sure. I think he was awake in the morning. But last night, I just can't remember. It's really bugging because I feel as if I should have noticed.

This morning I went to check on them and the silence from his cage was very conspicuous. After checking in his little house he was lying there motionless and cold. No mess, no sign of pain, quite peaceful really.

It's very odd. It's almost like over the last few days he's run himself into the ground and had a heartattack or something. Less than a year old.

Never quite met a hammy like Groucho. A little sod who beat up his mates and tried to bite everyone, but a total livewire who was hilarious to watch.

Comment

Soz dude.

Have you considered getting pet rocks instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
            Soz dude.

Have you considered getting pet rocks instead?
            I fear it would be the same old story - dead within a year.

Some people need new 360s every six months. I need new hamsters.

Comment

Prinny, your story matches that of our two hamsters Mimzy and Mavis exactly. Mavis died at about a year old. Basically burnt himself out (they're both boys but my daughter named them!). Mimzy we have to check on each week to make sure he's still alive!

Comment

Each week?!

Comment

prinnysquad, you need to fit one of these in its hutch!

Comment

I check on a weekly basis the small mutant child I keep in the basement

Comment

Prinny, your hamster churn rate is rivalled only by that of Richard Gere.

Liking the names you choose though, so long may it continue. May I suggest Ché and Balrog for the next installments? SuBo is probably too obvious to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        Is he called Sloth?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                          Each week?!
                          Well he doesn't do anything. I think he's hibernating. He buries himself under his bedding. Once a week I clean him out and feed / water him but he seems to live off fresh air!

Comment

Have you checked for a pulse?

Comment

Zombie hamster.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Since you're EvilBoris, is that the one in the basement the original Boris who you've replaced?

Comment

Working...
                                X