• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What charges would they face?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      What charges would they face?
      Neglect presumably, as they not only lost one of their children through leaving them unattended, but have since left all the others too as they do their world tour of the tabloids.

But obviously no charges will be pressed as that would be political suicide for Labour, given the way the gutter press has bought into this story and rallied the support of their 'readers'.

Comment

Yeah, I'd imagine it would be quite tough. I'm not sure what the criteria are for 'neglect' but I'd imagine a good case could be made given the scenario. But you're right, it would be unlikely to happen. And I can't imagine what difference it would make. It's not like a jail term would be any more of a deterrent than the threat of losing a child.

Comment

Search finds nothing.

Really clever hoax that one, whoever did it should be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
            Search finds nothing.

Really clever hoax that one, whoever did it should be proud.

Er, but they said on the news they only started searching this morning. Also, the map was vague, the area quite big, the body buried etc. I would have thought they would continue to search for more than a few hours!

Comment

Child neglect. If I left my kid alone in this country and nothing happened, but I got grassed up by a neighbour, I'd be in trouble. I don't see why they should be any different. OK, so we can't even imagine the suffering they're going through, but at the same time, just because of their class or the profile of the case, should they be exempt for putting all their kids at such risk?

As for the letter about her body, why is that sort of stuff released by the press in the first place?

Comment

well i do personally think its a bit hypocritical of them complaining about the press.....even though there trying there hardest to keep there profile high in the press and tv

Comment

Not at all, Ascender. I just wasn't sure of the legal conditions to charge somebody with criminal neglect. If they have commited a crime, nope, they shouldn't be exempt as long as it isn't a lynching and an exercise in assigning blame to make people feel better because they haven't actually caught the abductor.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                    As for the letter about her body, why is that sort of stuff released by the press in the first place?
                    Had you heard of De Telegraaf before yesterday?

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                    ...not only lost one of their children through leaving them unattended, but have since left all the others too...
                    Fair enough on the neglect for Madelaine, but leaving their other children in the care of a relative for a day or two is hardly neglect. Otherwise a lot of parents worldwide are in trouble, and grandparents, as associates.

Comment

Well that's why I'm curious about the criteria for criminal neglect. If you look at my post at the end of the first page, you'll see I found a hotel with a system actually in place to leave your kids. While I have a serious problem with leaving children unattended at any time or for any length of time, if this is criminal neglect then I'd say there are thousands of others who should be open to prosecution.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                        but leaving their other children in the care of a relative for a day or two is hardly neglect.
                        "...a day or two..."?

I think people are forgetting the other two children actually, not seen anyone mention them...YES the parents have lost their child but the other two children have also lost a sister.

I can't help thinking they need their parents now more than ever or at least one of them, the parents jetting all over the world can't be helping the other two deal with this..."Oh here's your nan to look after you again..."

Comment

Evidence may be lost!
                          Jesus...

Comment

Originally posted by BBC News
                            On Friday, the McCanns are due to set aloft 50 balloons from 50 countries to highlight the fact Madeleine will have been missing for 50 days.
                            Try as I might, I can't think of how that's going to help find her?

Comment

On the 45th day since her disappearance, Madeleine's parents attended a two-hour church ceremony in Praia da Luz.
                              On Friday, the McCanns are due to set aloft 50 balloons from 50 countries to highlight the fact Madeleine will have been missing for 50 days.
                              Whatever helps psychologically, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
                                Evidence may be lost!
                                Jesus...
                                To me it reads like “We have no more leads”. Why else bring this up now?

Comment

Working...
                                X