No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slang for police, fuzz/pigs/filth exct....

^ what he said.

(beaten to it)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
      Its slang for police.
      I am aware of that. It just seemed a bizarrely crude and offensive term to use for no reason what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
        The news mentioned that Mrs McCann has been made a suspect, while her husband isnt.
        Both are now formal suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
          I am aware of that. It just seemed a bizarrely crude and offensive term to use for no reason what so ever.

Oh f**kin hell man!. While others on here are taking the piss out of the situation by imagining Columbo as a super sleuth cracking the case or 'Phoenix Wright 5 - Maddie Edition', you decide to pick up on 'filth'?

Lighten the f**k up will you!

Comment

I can see where Kotatsu's coming from although it wasn't intended to be offensive - it's just that some of the British media have been accusing the Portuguese police of "not doing a good enough job" in a really snooty, empirical way that suggests anything British is automatically better and that these foreign police officers are "doing it wrong". That's probably why "filth" could be interpreted differently.

Someone close to the family is now rejecting the sniffer dog evidence:

Philomena said police had also suggested a sniffer dog detected the scent of a corpse on Kate's clothes and in the car boot.

She added: "For some unknown reason there's something about a sniffer dog sniffing Kate. Suddenly a dog can talk and says it smelled a death."

Comment

was the dog given a scooby snack ?

Comment

To Kotatsu & Lyris:

My interperation of 'filth' doesnt discriminate dudes, & I'm sure most people on here understood exactly what I meant when I said it.

Comment

LMAO at that family member quote about the dog, was that from The Sun or The Mirror by any chance?

Comment

Good grief. Political correctness gone wild. "filth" is a commonly used phrase for the police! Even listed on wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...olice_officers

Comment

It's a RE5 situation methinks.

I understood what TV meant by his harmless use of "filth" but if you squinted a bit and formed a square with your fingers and thumbs and looked through you might see the word as a swipe at the Portuguese police.

Let's not blow this up to tabloid proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Hero View Post
                        Let's not blow this up to tabloid proportions.
                        BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

NEway if u aint be callin dem de popo then u iz beyind teh times innit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

NEway if u aint be callin dem de popo then u iz beyind teh times innit.
                          Agreed. You couldn't be more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
                            To Kotatsu & Lyris:

My interperation of 'filth' doesnt discriminate dudes, & I'm sure most people on here understood exactly what I meant when I said it.
                            Yeah, I knew what you meant too, just clarifying

Comment

lol the po po

Comment

The whole thing is really sad, I'm not sure it's something to joke about - Mitchell Quy strung out an 18 month search for his wife, even going on Richard and Judy to appeal for his wife to come home, when in fact he'd chopped her up into different bits.

I'm surprised that PayPal hasn't locked down their donation account considering what's happened over the last day or so, yet people keep sending them money.

Mind, I reckon they're going to need it - lawyers fees aren't going to be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X